Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Thanks GlasgowBlue

How long does it take to be refunded the money spent? I assume that everything will be refunded excepting the Ł25 fee.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by Stormbel
Thanks GlasgowBlue

How long does it take to be refunded the money spent? I assume that everything will be refunded excepting the Ł25 fee.
I had to cancel a redemption 2-4-1 about 3 years ago. I did it online clicking the cancel button (a heart breaking experience for a First redemption ). IIRC the credit of both the Avios and Łs was fairly quickly. Just dug out the email and it states at the bottom the Avios will be credited within 24 hours.

We were refunded all taxes/fees except an admin fee and full Avios amount. It was August 2011 and at the time it was Ł15 per person. Our cancellation was due to medical reasons so any monies not refunded I was able to claim on our travel insurance however we also had separate UK domestic and internal US connections and a hotel booking through BA paid for with cash so it was worth while even with the insurance XS.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
It's been a week since I requested the cancellation of my booking.
I got a confirmation email of the request and that's it.

On Manage My Account the booking is still showing in my list of future travel.

From reading information here I would have thought that the process should have been completed by now.

Any thoughts?

*I've just rung ba. For some reason they couldn't understand why the booking was cancelled but the refund held. No one had contacted me. They have now refunded the miles but I will have to wait until the queue processes the money (up to 28 days). They thought that it might be because one of us is a Gold and the other Silver. That's not great service but at least the call was free!

Last edited by Stormbel; Oct 1, 2013 at 4:59 am
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:57 am

I've never been in that situation, but I think a call would be in order.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this will (hopefully) be yes, but I'd just like confirmation before I do it.

My mother, two aunts and two uncles (her brothers and sisters) are all flying to NYC next year. At the moment only my mother has a BAEC account, with her BAPP Amex - the other 4 do not.

Can I create a BAEC for the 4 of them, add the BAEC number to the booking, use my mothers address as the registered address, then put them all in the same household account?

If it makes any difference, they all have the same surname apart from my mother, who took my fathers surname.

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Silver, KL Gold, EK Silver
Originally Posted by Steve Oh
Can I create a BAEC for the 4 of them, add the BAEC number to the booking, use my mothers address as the registered address, then put them all in the same household account?
Long time lurker - thought I'd start adding my 50 cents here and there and try to contribute to this excellent resource pool.

What you are describing here is largely the same as our setup and there has been no issues whatsoever with that - so I'd say you're good to go! I have friends with similar setups and different last names etc - no questions asked and no proof required.

Good luck with your HHA - hope your family enjoys NY!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:24 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Thanks matey ^
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:43 am

Customer Service Agents at the U.S. call center are continuing to insist that U.S.-based holders of the 2-4-1 vouchers in a Household Account cannot use the voucher with a companion who is not in the account. However, the U.S. Terms & Conditions are explicitly to the contrary: "Companions do not have to be named within a BA Executive Club Household Account. Members can choose to take anyone as a Companion on their redemption voucher booking."

When I made a booking yesterday, I encountered this. I had previously added my companion to my HHA to make a previous booking, so I did not challenge the CSA. But it would be nice if they consistently applied their own rules, or changed the rules to conform to their actual practice.

Anyone else have any experience with this inconsistency?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Housekeeping notice

The opening thread has now been updated to reflect the new HHA friends and family amendment.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Is anyone able to help despite reading this sticky im still confused.

Mrs C has a BAEC account Bronze same as me. I've set up the household account and able to use her avios.

Baby C is 1 month old. Tried to book flights UuA selecting 2 x adults, 1 x infant under 2. I then see the message

You have selected more passengers than are listed in your Household Account and/or Family and Friends list, and you can book reward flight only for these people. Please re-select the number of passengers.

How do I add Baby C? Do I add him to my friends/family list to be able to select? I assume he cant collect avios?
Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Just to confirm; Assume I have a household account with 3 people (1 over 18 and 2 under 18).

If there is no activity for any of the 3 and then a redemption is booked (and flown) for one of the under 18 then that counts as activity for all 3 (as each will be debited miles pro-rata) and the 3 year period for expiry of miles starts again from the date of that redemption ?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Redeeming 2-4-1 held by different HHA members

Apologies if I missed it, but...

Is there text somewhere above describing what limitations or issues arise when redeeming 2-4-1 vouchers held by two different members of the HHA on a single booking?

I want to book self plus daughter with my voucher, and my wife and son on her voucher. We'd like to get a single 4 person redemption to simplify booking management.

Can it be done? Only on phone? Attracts charges?

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Apr 6, 2014 at 3:15 pm
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
If I set up a HHA in Avios.com is it treated differently and more importantly separately than a BA Exec HHA?

ie

I want to be a member of an HHA in Avios but not in the BA Exec club
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: BA, VS
Cancelling 1 passenger on joint redemption

I have a joint redemption booked for me and Mrs V. We have a HHA, I am Head of Household and the booking was made through my account.

I might need to make this a solo trip for me. I understand that I cannot make a cancellation for 1 passenger online. Is this a straightforward process through the call centre (apart from the possibility of being hit with service fees).

Just looking for reassurance at this stage. Thanks.^
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:17 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Valueseeker
I have a joint redemption booked for me and Mrs V. We have a HHA, I am Head of Household and the booking was made through my account.

I might need to make this a solo trip for me. I understand that I cannot make a cancellation for 1 passenger online. Is this a straightforward process through the call centre (apart from the possibility of being hit with service fees).

Just looking for reassurance at this stage. Thanks.^
Yes have done this a few times, never an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.