Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
thanks for the re-assurance - I had always assumed that would happen but had a sudden panic attack :-)
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:29 pm
formerly frankdjs

Programs: BA EC Gold
Removing Child from HHA? What happens with Avios?

i am posting this questions as I could not find the answer with search.

I added our nephew to our HHA as he was travelling with us and wanted to keep the Avios for the ticket we paid for.

According to a post from 2016 on HfP, when removing his account, the head if the household gets his Avios. However, when atempting this, the pop up says his account and avios will be cancelled. Is this a change?

thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I remember seeing this change announced somewhere...
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I have been trying to see if anyone actually tried it - I got exactly the same message and I don't dare to do it because I don't want to lose all the avios from the kids.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:43 am
formerly frankdjs

Programs: BA EC Gold
Don't want to try and waste 16K Avios.....
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by frankdjs
Don't want to try and waste 16K Avios.....
You could redeem something for very little and just "waste" those, or go to an online shop and buy something using all the accounts in the HHA.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
I removed my son from my HHA earlier this year (Feb I think). Our plan was that all the avios would stay with me as I thought I'd read you had to actually write in through the post if you wanted them split any other way.
But no - his share went with him.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
In the current version of the BA T&Cs it says

"18.1.14. If a participant dies, ceases to reside at the Household Account address or ceases to be a Member of the British Airways Executive Club, the unredeemed Avios points held by that person will be removed from the Household Account balance."

Doesn't actually say where the unredeemed avios go to. Though in our case they were still in my son's BAEC account.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:38 pm

guys and gals,

I need some help with transferring some British Airways AVIOS to my wife's Iberia Plus account.

As I understand it, I need to do the following

1. create avios.com (Aer Club) accounts for my wife and myself
2. xfer my BA avios to avios.com
3. create a head of household account with the avios.com accounts
4. break up #3 via a form allocating all the avios to my wife
5. Now xfer to Iberia via combine account

Problem is, I'm in the USA and cannot figure out how to create a HH account for avios.com

any thoughts?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by RaysMD
guys and gals,

I need some help with transferring some British Airways AVIOS to my wife's Iberia Plus account.

As I understand it, I need to do the following

1. create avios.com (Aer Club) accounts for my wife and myself
2. xfer my BA avios to avios.com
3. create a head of household account with the avios.com accounts
4. break up #3 via a form allocating all the avios to my wife
5. Now xfer to Iberia via combine account

Problem is, I'm in the USA and cannot figure out how to create a HH account for avios.com

any thoughts?
I dont think you can create a household account for avios.com.We have a BAEC household account,and to transfer to Iberia I transfer from our household account to my avios.com account,then transfer again to IB.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
I'd like to move my Avios from my IB+ to BAEC.
As I have an household account isn't possible If I don't remove my wife and two kids for six month.
As we would like to travel during this winter holiday would my kids accrue mile if they aren't in an household account ?
I will not need any Avios before July for a reward travel next summer.
I have also read that for June all Avios account held whiten one individual will be merged into one. "Single group points bank by June 2018"
So i'ts not better to wait until next June ?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Could do with some advice. My parents are each BAEC silver thanks to an ex-EU trip I booked for them in 2016 and some follow-on CE trips. They're now winding up their travel - mostly EU trips, which they'll do in economy and which they're planning to do via Avios redemptions. They've already used some of my mum's Avios for some redemptions next year. Result is that my mum now has circa 3k Avios, my dad 27,000. Their BAEC collection year ends in June 2018 and they'll soft land to bronze.

From an Avios point of view, am I better off combining them into a household account now or should they keep their own individual accounts?

(My gut tells me to combine but I can't work out if I'm missing something that might hurt their redemption plan).

1F
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by David buick
I'd like to move my Avios from my IB+ to BAEC.
As I have an household account isn't possible If I don't remove my wife and two kids for six month.
As we would like to travel during this winter holiday would my kids accrue mile if they aren't in an household account ?
If the kids are under 18 they cannot have accounts outside the household, and they will lose all their avios if you remove them. For persons above 18, yes, they can accrue Avios with standalone accounts.

Is your address in the UK? You can create avios.com accounts and use them as intermediary and transfer IB+ -> avios.com -> BAEC

Originally Posted by David buick
I have also read that for June all Avios account held whiten one individual will be merged into one. "Single group points bank by June 2018"
So i'ts not better to wait until next June ?
Where did you read this? I'm not so sure this will happen in time even if the info is official. And not even sure this is what it means...

Last edited by neuromancer; Nov 12, 2017 at 4:40 pm
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA VS
Question related to HHA. My girlfriend is about to join BAEC and join the HHA I am setting up. I seem to recall, that there was an incentive for new sign ups? In that I would invite her to join BAEC and, on her first flight, she and I would get a bonus. I cannot find any reference to this, searches only show the incentive for BA AmEx.
Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
Originally Posted by neuromancer
If the kids are under 18 they cannot have accounts outside the household, and they will lose all their avios if you remove them. For persons above 18, yes, they can accrue Avios with standalone accounts.

Is your address in the UK? You can create avios.com accounts and use them as intermediary and transfer IB+ -> avios.com -> BAEC

Where did you read this? I'm not so sure this will happen in time even if the info is official. And not even sure this is what it means...
No, my adress in not UK. I already have an Avios account with Avios stuck on it...
Don't want to loose my kids Avios and statut !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.