Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA crew can be truly brilliant

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
BA crew can be truly brilliant

I was reminded again tonight of how truly brilliant the BA experience can be on my return flight MAD-LHR (BA0463).

I can only describe the crew on the plane, especially the CE cabin crew (CSD TS and his colleague DC) as AMAZING. ^

This was such a warm service, and executed to perfection, in even the smallest detail. From the initial greeting on board to the last second when stepping off the plane this crew managed to wow me (and the others by the looks of it) - not something I thought after all those years of flying BA was still possible (you think you've seen it all). I am not often blown off my socks, but I sure was tonight.

And yes, I've dropped BA a note.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
I was reminded again tonight of how truly brilliant the BA experience can be on my return flight MAD-LHR (BA0463).

I can only describe the crew on the plane, especially the CE cabin crew (CSD TS and his colleague DC) as AMAZING. ^

This was such a warm service, and executed to perfection, in even the smallest detail. From the initial greeting on board to the last second when stepping off the plane this crew managed to wow me (and the others by the looks of it) - not something I thought after all those years of flying BA was still possible (you think you've seen it all). I am not often blown off my socks, but I sure was tonight.

And yes, I've dropped BA a note.
He is a well known CSD that is often referred to on here for his interesting PAs!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
He is a well known CSD that is often referred to on here for his interesting PAs!
All I will say is that I can't praise him enough - the service was impeccable - and his PAs were indeed fantastic too
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Oh... As soon as I read those initials... I started laughing.

Top man... Really lovely. Worked with him many a time and had wonderful trips.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

I very much hope to fly on one of his routes again! ^
As a passenger, he came across as a truly nice man indeed.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 6:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

I want to fly with those guys! I have had great crew members but the initials don't ring the bell right now, although it may job my memory if I see them.

Still, two "thank you" (via ba.com/welldone) filed for my latest BA flight, on two unrelated matters, so BA can't be doing so badly because I don't just dish out online "thank you" messages unless someone was really nice/helpful!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

Ditto. Know exactly who you're talking about...
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I want to fly with those guys! I have had great crew members but the initials don't ring the bell right now, although it may job my memory if I see them.
If it is who I think it is, his goodbye message goes on and on and on, covering every combination imaginable and quite a few unimaginable ones too. It ends with something like "and if you are flying on from here, let's hope it's a British Airways service". Not a dry eye in the house by this stage. There is a Youtube of him in action with a late night GLA landing. He is a lovely man too.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is a Youtube of him in action with a late night GLA landing. He is a lovely man too.
If you can find the link, I would very much appreciate it since I am VERY bad at finding things on YouTube. Thank you!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you can find the link, I would very much appreciate it since I am VERY bad at finding things on YouTube. Thank you!
I believe it's here (but I can't test it, I'm in a country where YouTube is banned):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Q12...e_gdata_player

From approx 2 min 18sec.

Hat tip: travelfan199
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I know who you are talking about and yes he is brilliant.
It does make a mockery of us being consistent though even if he is at the other end of the spectrum.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:40 am

I believe it's here (but I can't test it, I'm in a country where YouTube is banned):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Q12...e_gdata_player

From approx 2 min 18sec.

Hat tip: travelfan199
Thanks very much! That indeed seems to be the one. I had a good giggle.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:55 am
Original Poster

From approx 2 min 18sec.
That's definitely him - recognised the voice straight away.

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I know who you are talking about and yes he is brilliant.
It does make a mockery of us being consistent though even if he is at the other end of the spectrum.
I agree on both accounts. But as far as consistency goes he also demonstrates (not just states as we do on here) that it is possible to deliver this sort of top notch service (even though the flight yesterday was very busy) and to do it with great warmth. I can only say he's a fantastic ambassador for the brand.

The other thing is that yesterday there was a young chap working the CE cabin alongside him and I can't but feel that it must be a great example and inspiration to work with someone like that.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much! That indeed seems to be the one. I had a good giggle.
I should add that nice as the PAs were, it would sell the man far too short to think that was all there was too it. The whole of the interaction and the service was amazing, indeed it was delivered to perfection and in the way I suspect the manual prescribes it, while (as if all that wasn't enough) this was done with great warmth. As I said, a great ambassador for the brand.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
That's definitely him - recognised the voice straight away.

I agree on both accounts. But as far as consistency goes he also demonstrates (not just states as we do on here) that it is possible to deliver this sort of top notch service (even though the flight yesterday was very busy) and to do it with great warmth. I can only say he's a fantastic ambassador for the brand.

The other thing is that yesterday there was a young chap working the CE cabin alongside him and I can't but feel that it must be a great example and inspiration to work with someone like that.
Don't get me wrong I agree and always do what I think is best for the customer even though it may not be to the BA standard.
BA are telling us again and again about our announcements in fact there are new set coming out this month, customers are telling us that we make too many and TS is one of the worst offenders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.