FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Delays on flights from LAS ( BA).com)

Hi,

BA.com is advising of delays on some flights from LAS to LHR
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...b?p_faqid=4730

Notably the BA 274 of the 25th June had a 2 day delay!

Would not want to be a pax on that flight ( although hopefully they have been rebooked)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
When it did happen? Is that mechanical problem? I am not quite sure. Maybe someone will figure it out for you.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Funny I flew out of LAS on AA today and saw one of the fine BA 747s parked up unceremoniously next to the FEDEX pan! I thought it may be due to reducing the daily flights down with the LGW option but maybe it went tech! I was surprised to see it as I taxied past at 0700 en route to Miami!

aks120
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:23 am

Chaos in Las Vegas!

An outgoing passenger told me about the multi-day delay on Tuesday's BA 274. That particular flight has still not departed! It is now scheduled for 12:30PM Friday. Some pax were able to rebook on Thursday night's flight (which is apparently in the air, but doesn't show up on any flight tracker software). There were many complaints regarding poor communication and a general clueless/uncaring attitude exhibited by BA ground staff. As I did not witness any of this in person, I would be most curious to have some FlyerTalkers get to the bottom of what actually happened in Vegas!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Gold; SPG Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MisterAviator
would be most curious to have some FlyerTalkers get to the bottom of what actually happened in Vegas!
"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! " surely?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
I can think of worse places to be stranded. At least they can't lock passengers in the airport there!

2 days is ridiculous - loads of re-route options so hopefully everyone that wanted got away.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Having lost a day of my Vegas trip in April due to 2 planes going tech at LHR I would happily swap that for 2 extra days there at BA's expense with EU compensation to follow ;-)
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:55 am

There do seem to have been a number of delays / cancellations recently, there's a thread somewhere about cancellations to the Gulf states over the past few weeks, last week a friend of mine was delayed for 2 days in Johannesburg when the 747 had a series of technical faults.

It does make me wonder if BA is becoming an unreliable airline on the long haul 747 routes as the aircraft age and we wait for new ones to be introduced.

Last edited by Aloxford; Jun 28, 2013 at 9:03 am
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Delays on flights from LAS ( BA).com)

I thought it was a bit strange that it warranted a separate headline/thread on BA.com under the information bit though? Sure, 2 day delay is bad but don't think normally warrants that
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by Aloxford
There do seem to have been a number of delays / cancellations recently, there's a thread somewhere about cancellations to the Gulf states over the past few weeks, last week a friend of mine was delayed for 2 days in Johannesburg when the 747 had a series of technical faults.

It does make me wonder if BA is becoming an unreliable airline on the long haul 747 routes as the aircraft age and we wait for new ones to be introduced.
If you look at BASource the number of delays/cancellations on 744 routes has increased recently. The old birds are getting on a bit I suppose.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:34 pm

Friend at work was due to be on Tuesday's flight out of Vegas. From Facebook he mentioned problems with one of the engines, for which BA flew out a part. Only problem being it was the wrong part.

Last FB post from him was 18 hours ago saying he was hopefully leaving the hotel in Vegas for the last time...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, VS Red, BA Blue
It's common for flights in Phoenix and Vegas to be delayed to due excessive heat (which is happening right now). Temps are reaching 45+ celsius in both cities.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.