Wiki Posts
Search

UK or US address for exec club?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, loads more and YOLO
UK or US address for exec club?

I'm sure this has been discussed but if I change my UK exec club address to my US one presumably nothing will change and all my current points etc. will remain? Also is it me but are the Club World cabin crew becoming less attentive these days? If you are not in your seat when drinks are being proffered chances are that you will have to ask for one. They seemed invisible on my last flight, LAX to LHR. Food was better than usual, though.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
TPs and Avios remain if you change address but there are a couple of things to be aware of mainly related to credit cards.

First of all, if you collect Avios on a UK credit card they will not credit to your BAEC account if you change your address to a US one. They will not disappear though and will remain ready for you to have transferred to your account once you move your account back.

Also, if you have any 2-4-1 vouchers issued against a UK credit card you will not be able to redeem them if you change your address to the US.

You can switch addresses no more than once in each six month period.

I've wrestled with this issue quite a bit over the last couple of years so let me know if you have any other questions/concerns and I'd be happy to help.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I seem to remember you can only UUA if the ticket is issued in the country your account address is in, is this true?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Transferring your BAEC account to a US address has some advantages, if they are available to you. If you are old enough for AARP membership (50+) there is currently a $400 discount for BA metal CW R/T ex US (although other offers have become few and far between). If you have credit established at your US address (usually requires a Social Security Number) there is the vaunted BA Visa Signature Card which has an annual 2-4-1 (subject to $30,000 spend); plus Avios earning based on spend and, currently, a 10% discount on BA fares ex US; plus generous sign-up bonus: all for $90 per year.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 3:41 am
G*G

Originally Posted by neuromancer
I seem to remember you can only UUA if the ticket is issued in the country your account address is in, is this true?
Not in my experience - have done this a few times for 'foreign' tix
Old Jun 25, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Why not open a second account in the US? I was told this was not a problem on the phone yesterday and in fact, switched between the accounts while booking a redemption seat on the phone.

If you are gold, waiving the change fees on redemption tickets would be one reason, I guess. But given I redeem for CW/F with my non status US account, I don't see any downside (I never made it to gold)
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by limbosongs
Why not open a second account in the US?
Because life is complicated enough.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, loads more and YOLO
Hmm thanks. Collect points on a US card anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.