Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: BBC on 'not reclining' in economy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by HighLife
the Top Gear trio always flies F for example.
Originally Posted by McG
The Top Gear boys flew VS UC to South Africa couple of weeks ago.
That's the same thing, isn't it ...?

See, I added some smileys just to make sure ...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by ShadowCaptain
The way it usually goes is if I'm in Y trying to work and pax in front reclines, I will at first sulk for a bit, then I will jab things into the back of the chair, then I will continue to type on my laptop with incredibly heavy keystrokes that make the whole table shake. Its only fair. Lifting the table up and down a few times, letting it drop by it's own weight is also therapeutic.
I'm glad I don't travel in Y anymore.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was once at the very back in Y on a domestic Chinese flight. When I opened the tray table it promptly fell off! Astonished, I pointed this out to a FA (admittedly, I was cheekily hoping they might upgrade me as the flight was very full). They moved me to the front of Y, and I spent the entire flight with the back of my seat being constantly buffeted and moved about, which was extremely annoying. Eventually I turned around to ahem, "resolve" the situation to discover that the tray table was being used to store a baby, hence the amount of movement.

Probably a good job I didn't recline the seat, in hindsight... Perhaps it also explains why the other tray table was broken!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by trueblu

Also didn't know that BBC reporters, even fairly senior ones, have to fly Y: seems a bit stingy, regardless of the the 'license fee' issue.

No it isn't!

tb
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:22 pm

Is not beyond the realms of decency to indicate, verbally or with a simple gesture, to the pax behind that you're about to shower them in hot coffee and bruise them with a half thawed bread roll????
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
I must admit to gently reclining my seat after a meal on VS, and crushing the person behind's glass (full) between the tray and the plastic upper of the seat. Not done quickly or intentionally, but has made me more considerate.

I've never had an issue with people using the seat the way it is designed (though as above - not all are designed well). I can empathise with people who cannot use laptops due to a reclined seat, but few batteries could last beyond a couple of hours until recently, and few have power in Y (except CX shell seats, which we all loathe!)

The only awful experience I had was in Monarch, where pitch was too narrow for my height - 2.5 hours of hell each way.

I do think many people go out of their way to find things to annoy them though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.