Wiki Posts
Search

Arriving JFK club world - lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Arriving JFK club world - lounge access

Arriving JFK club world mid afternoon T7 from LHR with a connection on a separate booking on air Canada (coincedentally also T7) back to YYZ. Also Silver. Does anyone know if we will be able to use the BA lounge in T7 as we are not departing but arriving.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
No, the BA lounges at JFK are all departure lounges, so you can only access them if departing on a oneworld carrier.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Air Canada use the United Airlines lounge in T7 (if you have a ticket/status which allows you access).

I don't know their access rules though (and BAEC membership is unlikely to get you access on its own).
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
departing on a oneworld carrier.
Is that from any terminal? I've a six hour lay-over in JFK in a few weeks, arriving on BA and flying onwards on AA. I was considering spending a while in the BA lounge before heading over to T8 - will I definitely get access even though I'm not departing from T7?

(or would it actually be better just to head straight to the Flagship Lounge anyway? I haven't had the pleasure of visiting this lounge in JFK before, so maybe I should give it my undivided attention...!)
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Is that from any terminal? I've a six hour lay-over in JFK in a few weeks, arriving on BA and flying onwards on AA. I was considering spending a while in the BA lounge before heading over to T8 - will I definitely get access even though I'm not departing from T7?

(or would it actually be better just to head straight to the Flagship Lounge anyway? I haven't had the pleasure of visiting this lounge in JFK before, so maybe I should give it my undivided attention...!)
Unless you have a CCR card the AA FL is better than any of the BA lounges.

You are not allowed to access the BA lounges on landing however unless you are connecting to a OW airline departing from T7 which I think means only CX connections work.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I should have said 'departing on a oneworld carrier from T7'.

If you are departing from T8, you can use the AA Flagship Lounge or the AA Admirals Club lounges.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I agree with Land-of-Miles that the Flagship lounge is better that any BA lounge except the CCR, the views from and ambience of that lounge are very good. The two Admirals lounges aren't too bad either, compared to some other places.

You won't physically be able to get to the BA lounges in T7 anyway, unless arriving on BA1, and even then you won't get access unless going CX or some very obscure code share. The arrivals area is separated from departure.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Thanks all (and apologies to aircrashsurvivor for hijacking the thread). As it happens, I am arriving on BA1, but it sounds like that's a moot point anyway.

So it's straight to T8 and the Flagship Lounge for me...! ^
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
Air Canada use the United Airlines lounge in T7 ...
So it's straight to T8 and the Flagship Lounge for me...! ^
If you have a UK-issued Priority Pass card, you could use the United Club lounge in T7.

Airport: new york (NY) - J.F. Kennedy International (JFK), Terminal 7
Lounge: UNITED CLUB

Location: Airside - the Lounge is located above Gates 7 and 8. Access restricted to passengers holding a boarding pass for a flight in Terminal 7.

Opening Hours: 05:00 - 20:30 daily ...

Note: Members holding a Priority Pass Select membership card and Priority Pass cardholders in the U.S. that receive their membership through a U.S. financial institution will not be allowed access to this Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.