Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 FIRST Lounge a Wreck

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by Palmer
It was a bit of a wreck again today. Pots and plates and glasses left uncleared and nowhere to sit without an assortment of used crockery strewn here and there.

Only one bottle of champagne - Castlenau - at the Champagne Bar, no glasses, no ice, no tomato juice amongst other things etc. When I went to the hot food buffet, there wasn't any rice, no chilli, no salmon cakes, no greens; just pasta, potatoes, and the vegetable curry.

Palmer
I hope you took photos and are providing feedback to BA.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Action Man
If I were silver I would not use their lounge at all in T5. Don't see the point. Poked my head in once and it seemed like rush hour at Euston Station. Only the shower service (if connecting) seems to be useful.
I agree completely. When I arrive after a long flight with a connection I make straight for the showers. Pickup a "buzzer" as there is normally a queue, spend 15 minutes or so lamenting how busy the lounge is while I wait, shower, grab a paper and leave. If there was a a paid shower facility elsewhere (like in Singapore), I'd probably skip te lounge completely.

I wonder if they'll ever change the food options.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by nh1980
I have two visits to GF this week, I seriously hope that the CastelNo acid is not the only champs of choice!!
I had two trips there this week and there was Tait on too.

The place was clean and tidy. I particularly noted on Wednesday that there was a very friendly and pro-active lady operating the single food tables, taking food orders as soon as you looked up. Even fetching coffees for some foreign guests. So good I would have sent a "well done".

It was the best service I recall since it opened. I was going to thank her when I finished eating and note her name, unfortunately she must have gone off duty or to rest when I was eating so I was unable to do so or send the well done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.