Wiki Posts
Search

FT PAX and FT cabin crew

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

FT PAX and FT cabin crew

i know that BA employ thousands upon thousands of cabin crew and that the percentage of them that participate here on FT is infinitesimally small but i was wondering none the less how often they meet FT'ers onboard. I've never seen anyone post that they're on the BA123 on a certain date and then have a crew member respond that they're working that flight. is this verbotten? frowned upon? i would imagine that it would blow their anonymity here but i was just curious.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I have met about 10 people from here; I never tell them in advance that I am onboard.
In flight I chat with them and if it feels right then I will introduce myself, only once did I feel that it wasn't right.
Everyone that I have "outed" myself too has been very discreet.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Never knowingly met any of the FT cabin crew, but have certainly chatted to plenty who are very aware of FT (and who therefore could potentially have been CIHY, BBB, Littlegirl, Pucci or the others )

I think it would certainly be inappropriate to exchange the information you mention other than by PM between FT members who have already met FT crew, as it were.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
One can always display an FT luggage tag on their carry-on
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I have met about 10 people from here; I never tell them in advance that I am onboard.
In flight I chat with them and if it feels right then I will introduce myself, only once did I feel that it wasn't right.
excellent response. exactly the kind of explanation i was looking for. thanks.

i would imagine that it is usually the pax that brings up FT? or is there some other overt sign like a luggage tag or lapel pin i've never noticed anyone with either of the above. i wouldn't use/wear one and i'm not sure i would approach anyone who did.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
But how, may I ask, do you know who they are? FT luggage tags? The BA flight calendar thing here I guess, but then how do you recognise them out of 14, 70 or 200+ people?

I'm curious!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise
or is there some other overt sign like a luggage tag or lapel pin i've never noticed anyone with either of the above. i wouldn't use/wear one and i'm not sure i would approach anyone who did.
I saw a cute guy with an FT tag while boarding a few days ago. He disappeared down the back, so no chance to use FT as a pick up line...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never seen anyone with a FT tag, one time I saw someone ask a question on here about a specific flight and the other times I found out from ba97.com travel calendar which I always check.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:11 am

I have seen an FT tag once in boarding a flight not from LHR on a different carrier. I commented to the guy about it - said I also used that forum - he immediately launched into asking if I was going to that evening's FT 'do' - "no, I'm going home" and then, more interestingly started talking about fare buckets. I was very glad that I was sat about 10 rows away from him!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle
I have seen an FT tag once in boarding a flight not from LHR on a different carrier. I commented to the guy about it - said I also used that forum - he immediately launched into asking if I was going to that evening's FT 'do' - "no, I'm going home" and then, more interestingly started talking about fare buckets. I was very glad that I was sat about 10 rows away from him!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by HighLife
Never knowingly met any of the FT cabin crew, but have certainly chatted to plenty who are very aware of FT (and who therefore could potentially have been CIHY, BBB, Littlegirl, Pucci or the others )

I think it would certainly be inappropriate to exchange the information you mention other than by PM between FT members who have already met FT crew, as it were.
I'm led to believe identifying Pucci is easy, she looks like a glamour model, with a holstered hairbrush always by her side.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
I have met two FT posters on my flights.

Both of them recognised my name because I had previously had private messages with them and felt relaxed enough to let them know my name.

It was really nice to meet them and they were just as nice in real life as they are when they post on here.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
I have had 3 CC recognise my bag tag! 2 who said they participated in FT and 1 CC kept chatting to me for the whole flight asking advice on joining FT!

/AE
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, there are more of us then you might think on here.
I have met both of the Fters that Littlegirl has met and they are two of the nicest people.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've met both a BA employee and also G-BOAC. In true FT fashion I was sat in 1A both times

I do post on ba97 just in case, sometimes it works or other times (e.g. meeting G-BOAC), it was simply a case of him asking me if I'm on FT.

Lovely to meet them both.

T

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.