Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Blue Lounge

NB: BA flights usually depart from Gates 41 or 42, at the other end of the terminal (and past Passport Control)

Click to enlarge
Print Wikipost

Lisbon: Blue lounge! what a dump!

Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:55 am

I sent some feedback via the web form to Customer Relations after visiting this lounge a few week ago. I was on the BA499, so it was breakfast time. I left my hotel at 6am which was too early for breakfast and was hoping for something in the lounge. The few pre-packed items looked pretty poor to say the least so I gave it a miss as I was to get a CE breakfast onboard, which actually turned out to be good - I was just very hungry by the time I got it! There was also no cutlery to be seen either, not even a tea spoon which I thought was poor. No power points as mentioned previously, and as it was so small, it soon filled up and was packed. The gate seemed to be a long way from the lounge (seemed to be as far away as you could get).

I also gave some feedback on the connection process between T5 and T3 and having to re-clear security despite arriving on a domestic service and remaining airside (in comparison, Virgin are able to get you from T1 over to T3 and bypass security).

So today, I got a call around lunch time from an incredibly pleasant Geordie lady who was very apologetic for the time taken to respond, and also wanted to discuss further the points I had made. She said that the feedback concerning the lounge was very disappointing to hear and that this would be passed on to the appropriate people in Lisbon and in BA. She acknowledged my points around the connection process and said this would also be fed back to the appropriate people. No compo Avios offered though...
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:54 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
I'm soon to be flying LHR-LIS-NAT and I've given myself a 4+ hour layover.

I've got a couple of complimentary passes with Lounge Club, so feel like Lisbon may as well be the place for my first ever lounge experience.

However, reading this, it sounds like Blue Lounge is to be avoided.

LoungeClub.com also lists a "Lisbon Lounge" (and no others). Worth a look? I'd leave the passes for another day, but can't see when I'll ever use them before they expire

Last edited by galego; Jun 5, 2014 at 5:59 am
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by galego
LoungeClub.com also lists a "Lisbon Lounge" (and no others). Worth a look? I'd leave the passes for another day, but can't see when I'll ever use them before they expire
The "Lisbon lounge" is also a generic lounge used by many airlines (like the Blue lounge).

It is slightly nicer than the Blue Lounge IMHO, but nothing special. It's also located more centrally than the Blue Lounge. I tend to use my Priority Pass to get into the Lisbon Lounge when flying BA instead of trekking down to the Blue Lounge.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Skywards, Hilton Honors and lots of other under-utilised Hotel Schemes
Heading to Lisbon with Mrs A and Bratz in August for first time. So the lounge is dire - is there anywhere else decent by way of restaurants or bars to cool your heels whilst waiting?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:51 pm

There is a McDonald's in the food court that serves a lovely pork sandwich.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by ABZSimy
I sent some feedback via the web form to Customer Relations after visiting this lounge a few week ago. I was on the BA499, so it was breakfast time. I left my hotel at 6am which was too early for breakfast and was hoping for something in the lounge. The few pre-packed items looked pretty poor to say the least so I gave it a miss as I was to get a CE breakfast onboard, which actually turned out to be good - I was just very hungry by the time I got it! There was also no cutlery to be seen either, not even a tea spoon which I thought was poor. No power points as mentioned previously, and as it was so small, it soon filled up and was packed. The gate seemed to be a long way from the lounge (seemed to be as far away as you could get).

I also gave some feedback on the connection process between T5 and T3 and having to re-clear security despite arriving on a domestic service and remaining airside (in comparison, Virgin are able to get you from T1 over to T3 and bypass security).

So today, I got a call around lunch time from an incredibly pleasant Geordie lady who was very apologetic for the time taken to respond, and also wanted to discuss further the points I had made. She said that the feedback concerning the lounge was very disappointing to hear and that this would be passed on to the appropriate people in Lisbon and in BA. She acknowledged my points around the connection process and said this would also be fed back to the appropriate people. No compo Avios offered though...
Nice touch they followed up, but the are well aware of both issues by this point. Not on the priority list. LIS is hardly a focus for BA.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Lisbon: Blue lounge! what a dump!

I honestly think BA would do itself a favour by disassociating itself from this horrible lounge rather than pretending it has a proper offering in LIS.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
Originally Posted by mario
The "Lisbon lounge" is also a generic lounge used by many airlines (like the Blue lounge).

It is slightly nicer than the Blue Lounge IMHO, but nothing special. It's also located more centrally than the Blue Lounge. I tend to use my Priority Pass to get into the Lisbon Lounge when flying BA instead of trekking down to the Blue Lounge.
Thanks! If it's in a better location and has a free sandwich, I'll take a look
Old Jun 6, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
There is a project to build two new lounges in LIS (one for non-Schengen pax and another one for Schengen pax). The blueprints can even be seen on the website below (very poorly designed website, use the bottom bar to scroll to the right )

http://www.sitespecific.pt/projectos...o-de-lisboa-i/

I have no idea if this is still going ahead or not. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
It can't be worse than the Blue lounge at Heathrow T5, I have to walk through that every time I head to Galleries First
Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I'm in the Blue Lounge as I type. It's in the lower quartile of contract lounges when it comes to creature comforts but it is by no means the worst in the network.

As posted above, the lounge is divided into two wings. Right is the larger of the two whereas there is a conference room at the end of the left side.

In the fridge amongst the Pepsi products is a bottle of Graham's 10 year old tawny port, and to equalise the effects of the Tawny sleepy, sleepy, nicey, snoozie there is a nespresso coffee machine at the counter opposite with a range of capsules containing a variety of Java strengths.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I have reviewed this lounge with pictures in my new trip report here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...es-w-pics.html
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
I was on the 0810 out of LIS on Friday - straight to the gate and CE breakfast worked a treat for me. I have never managed to find the Blue Lounge at LIS!
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

When you clear security, veer left and continue towards Gate 13. Even when you've walked past the last shop and Gate 14, just keep going. This map should help
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was not impressed with that blue lounge so am hoping Iberia have a different lounge heading to mad?

we used the blue last year on BA and I can't remember which one IB use except I remember passing a bigger looking lounge en route to the blue and thinking that must have been it.
can anyone remind me,it did have decent offerings,that I do remember.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.