Wiki Posts
Search

Select seat not available?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA & VS
Select seat not available?

Booked a couple of flights in the past few days, gone into MMB to try and select seats and all I get is 'seat choices are available at check-in'. There is no option to open the seat map etc

Is there some kind of IT issue? I know the flights aren't full so wouldn't have thought that was the reason.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:42 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Beany
Booked a couple of flights in the past few days, gone into MMB to try and select seats and all I get is 'seat choices are available at check-in'. There is no option to open the seat map etc

Is there some kind of IT issue? I know the flights aren't full so wouldn't have thought that was the reason.
You havent said what status you are? If you have none or are Blue the system is is quite right at the moment although you should have an option to pay to select?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:45 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Are they LCY flights?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had this issue with a flight that's tomorrow, booked months ago and wouldont let me see seats available yesterday, was able to check in fine - i believe they are oversold though. When (roughly) is the flight?

J
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA & VS
Originally Posted by nux
Are they LCY flights?
They are indeed. Is there something up I am unaware of?

I managed to pick a seat for one leg when it was originally booked around a week back but then changed the return and now thats unavailable for seat selection

In answer to the other questions, I'm Gold and the flights aren't until August and September.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I've got a flight into LCY towards the end of next week that is the same. It will be my first time through LCY and so I just assumed it was a "feature" of that airport.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I have a flight LCY-IOM that is showing as being operated by BA CityFlyer (London City Services) (and yes, I know about the Eastern Airways aircraft).

Could it be that LCY services are being transferred to another subsidiary like CWLCY?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
It seems to be a known bug with MMB at the moment for all LCY flights (not just the subbed ones). If you've already selected a seat, you're stuck in it "forever". If you haven't, you can't select one.

Originally Posted by BA6501
Could it be that LCY services are being transferred to another subsidiary like CWLCY?
They already are (BA Cityflyer).
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by csutter
It seems to be a known bug with MMB at the moment for all LCY flights (not just the subbed ones). If you've already selected a seat, you're stuck in it "forever". If you haven't, you can't select one.

They already are (BA Cityflyer).
The Executive Club can change them for you if you call them ( they changed my LCY seats).
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Not just LCY it appears.

I had a similar issue with a JFK-LHR flight in a few weeks time. I called and they sorted it but told me that there is a problem at the moment. I still get the same message and don't have a seat assigned in MMB but I note that the seats I selected are now shown as taken on EF.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:30 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
There is an IT issue at the moment, Exec Club confirmed.
All my City flights are the only ones affected tho, but they were able to select seats for me over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.