Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Add flights to calendar not working?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Add flights to calendar not working?

Has anyone encountered trouble with the "Add flights to my calendar" feature on the booking confirmation page/MMB?

It is currently generating corrupted .ics files (the file supplied is actually a valid iCalendar file, but with some HTML document appended), which confuses both Google and iCal. Deleting the HTML cruft by hand solved the problem.

Is this a one off or have other people noticed this? And while we're at it, do other people use this feature or is it just me?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I had a problem with it recently as well. Downloaded the .ics file but couldn't import it in to Google calendar. I tried it a few times and it didn't work. It has worked fine previously. I must admit I didn't manage to work out why it wasn't working. I added the flights instead by doing it through the iphone app.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Been discussed on the BA.com issues thread very recently, including the solution to the problem.

Very irritating issue.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
It's been referred to in the general ba.com thread starting here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20759565-post1956.html

There's a suggestion that BA have added some advertising to the iCal file which renders it useless for most apps, and there are instructions in there for how to edit the file to make it work.

I used this all the time, but I'm having to use the iPhone app for the moment.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Ah, that'll serve me right for ignoring that thread!

As it was I just went into emacs and killed the HTML. 3 minute job, and still faster than adding them by hand.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks - the bug was driving me crazy. A quick fix with notepad and all sorted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.