Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Relations Response time?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2013, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Customer Relations Response time?

BA messed up the return portion of my daughter's infant (J) redemption ticket and tried to charge me $5000 at JFK as she'd turned 2 mid-trip and they had failed to send her offline-only return ticket for ticketing (charges as for infant if under 2 on outbound). Somehow they eventually allowed her aboard for a mere $1000. I'd expected to pay about £60 plus 3000 Avios. Had to post proof etc. to customer relations along with a lengthy letter explaining the situation. Typically, how long does it take them to respond (to snailmail?)
Old May 20, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
think weeks, not days!

phone and chase after a week might help
Old May 20, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Normally 1-3 days in my experience.
Old May 20, 2013, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
It depends on how busy CR are (e.g. Has there been any large scale IRROPS recently?), your status and how you submit your query (e.g. Online form filled in whilst logged in or not).

Generally I would say for a Gold between 3 and 7 days.
Old May 20, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
There could be substantial delays getting a response from CR at the moment.

This is due to the number of complaints regarding "Shorts in F" and "Privacy Violations" This tends to unnecessarily occupy lots of the CR teams time
Old May 20, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Suggest you don't hold your breath. There ought to be a triage system for complaints -though the previous poster suggests not, and I have to agree from my own experience. Cock-up rather than conspiracy rules. Forget being British, just get very, very insistent and refuse to take silence as an answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.