Wiki Posts
Search

10% off BA Flights with Chase BA Visa

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Thanks. I will start clean this time. However, I will go through the AARP site and work straight through without leaving the BA booking site. Hopefully that would solve my problem. Thanks gain.
I would just make sure I’m logged into the BA site in another tab of the same browser before clicking through from AARP
Old May 13, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Thanks. I will start clean this time. However, I will go through the AARP site and work straight through without leaving the BA booking site. Hopefully that would solve my problem. Thanks gain.
This happens for me, too. If you're searching using the AARP discount, when you enter the CHASEBA10 code and submit it, the site prompts you to log in again and to search for flights again. It looks like they may have stopped allowing the AARP and Chase discounts to stack, sadly.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
This loop that requires you to login when you are already logged in happens to me when I attempt to use the CHASEBA10 discount outside of AARP search in an ingcognito tab as well. I have the Chase BA card and have a letter here from when I got it stating I can use the code until March 21, 2020. This appears to be a new bug in their system outside of anything AARP. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
UPDATE: Called and think I got this sorted out. If you are trying to book BA1/2, this does not work with CHASEBA10 if you are connecting in LCY. Your connections code as BA Cityflyer, and although it is a BA marketed flight, it is treated by the system as a "Partner" airline like AA or Iberia metal and excluded. The login error message is just a red herring.

Mildly disappointing, but was able to get upper deck seats on the 744 instead through LHR, so not a dealbreaker for me. CHASEBA10 works flawlessly with AARP (or standalone) after switching that.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone been able to upgrade from Club World to First after having use this? Booked a roundtrip in Club World and stacked AARP and Chase 10% codes, but now when I try to upgrade to First on one of the legs they say the system won't allow it because of the Chase discount code (no mention of the AARP code, so seems to specifically be a Chase code issue)
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:58 am

try calling
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
try calling
"They say" is suggestive of a call. I think there has been mention that you can upgrade provided that you repay the discount.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Has anyone had luck booking a multi-city trip? I am trying to book and the bloody thing gives me "you need to be logged in" every time I try to apply the code. Have tried 3 different browsers, logged in and out multiple times, cursed at it with every French word I know, but computer keeps saying no. Is there a trick I am not aware of?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:36 pm

this perk, and the related AARP one, did not work for me using Chrome on a PC but did work using MS’s new Edge browser on the same PC

the AARP discount definitely is a no on multi-seg
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Tried Edge, still no luck. But it is now either "not logged" or "Error Obtaining Price Quote". Argh.
It is a relatively complex itinerary with a total of 9 segments, typing them in is a bloody nightmare. I am not confident agent will be able to book me the fights I want and apply a discount. Life is pain indeed.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by luitje
I am not confident agent will be able to book me the fights I want and apply a discount. Life is pain indeed.
You're right, an agent won't be able to apply your Chase discount, it has to be done online. I will have a go in a minute as I have an itinerary to price up too which I can do as multi-city.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by luitje
Has anyone had luck booking a multi-city trip? I am trying to book and the bloody thing gives me "you need to be logged in" every time I try to apply the code. Have tried 3 different browsers, logged in and out multiple times, cursed at it with every French word I know, but computer keeps saying no. Is there a trick I am not aware of?
It's working ok for me albeit on a relatively straightforward itinerary. The only problem I face with multi sector bookings is it tells me it can't process connections at LHR under 120 minutes which isn't right. Anyway, the discounting is working using the Chase code. See below. I'm wondering whether the problem you're having is related to the complexity of the itinerary even though the error message you're seeing suggests it's something different?

Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
You're right, an agent won't be able to apply your Chase discount, it has to be done online. I will have a go in a minute as I have an itinerary to price up too which I can do as multi-city.
I've had it done by phone. In fact when booking a multi-city I always do it over the phone. Simply call, let them know you're having a hard time making a multi-city booking through the website, give them the flights you want and mention the 10% off promo code. It has worked every time I've tried, and they waive the phone booking fee too.

As for the log in issue online, I've found that if you log in when prompted, and then hit 'back' on your browser and go through again it works just fine. Weird, but it works.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by ramzi
I've had it done by phone. In fact when booking a multi-city I always do it over the phone. Simply call, let them know you're having a hard time making a multi-city booking through the website, give them the flights you want and mention the 10% off promo code. It has worked every time I've tried, and they waive the phone booking fee too.
Interesting, I had this request refused when I tried it. Good to hear.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:19 am

I read on blogs that you can combine AARP with CHASEBA10 while booking a ticket, but so far I can only see an option to use one or the other, has anyone successfully combined the two discounts?
I'm trying to book RT F ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.