Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% off BA Flights with Chase BA Visa

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by huge
Is there any problem with using this discount code but using another credit card for purchase? I do have the Chase BA card, but I'd rather use my Platinum Amex for the 5x Airline bonus. (Is there any benefit to using the Chase card other than 3x Avios? I'm booking in WT+ so free checked bag is not an issue)
You definitely cannot do that online, although there are rumors that using another Chase Visa would work, but if you already have the BA Visa then why not use it. On the other hand, using the Amex Plat would make sense, but will only work if you make your booking by phone and they accept you using a different card, which I largely suspect comes down to dumb luck. The 10% off and 3x Avios altogether beats the 5x Amex honestly, especially if you also combine it with the AARP discount--doesn't apply for WT+ I know, but worth checking, the price difference between WT+ and CW might be very small after those stacked discounts.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by golfmad
Indeed it does. From the terms and conditions:

Valid only for new bookings made by US resident Executive Club Members paying in USD with their valid British Airways Visa card issued by Chase, for travel on flights operated by British Airways from the US to London and beyond.
Ah - thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by ramzi
which I largely suspect comes down to dumb luck.
It used to be possible to pay with any credit or debit card from any issuer, but they closed this loophole 3 or 4 years ago.
Also important to remember the entire flight needs to be on BA metal (no codeshares) and you must be logged into you BA account to use this code.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
It's also a pain, since if you have a connecting OW flight it won't work - seems it has to be all BA operated, so in other words, direct US-UK flights only. (correct?).
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by CKBA
It's also a pain, since if you have a connecting OW flight it won't work - seems it has to be all BA operated, so in other words, direct US-UK flights only. (correct?).
All flights have to be BA operated but that doesn't mean you have to stop at the UK.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Can the AARP discount used on BA First (or is it limited to Club World)? Also, is the discount per ticket OR per reservation?
Finally, does anyone know how long it will take to have the ChaseBA10 code added to my account? I applied for the card yesterday and got approved immediately, but the card will arrive in 10 business days. I am hoping to at least be able to see the ChaseBA10 on my account in the interim.
I am booking 3 First Class trips to Chennai (From US) and this discount can make a huge difference for me.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
Can the AARP discount used on BA First (or is it limited to Club World)? Also, is the discount per ticket OR per reservation?
I believe the discount is limited to WT and Club bookings, not First, although F prices should still display so you can compare.

The discount should be per person.

Finally, does anyone know how long it will take to have the ChaseBA10 code added to my account? I applied for the card yesterday and got approved immediately, but the card will arrive in 10 business days. I am hoping to at least be able to see the ChaseBA10 on my account in the interim.
The code isn't added to your account; you type it in each time you want to use it, you just have to be signed in for it to work.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
I believe the discount is limited to WT and Club bookings, not First, although F prices should still display so you can compare.

The discount should be per person.

The code isn't added to your account; you type it in each time you want to use it, you just have to be signed in for it to work.
I tried signing into my BA Account to use the Code, but it did not work.
Can you also let me know if I can purchase a ticket for my wife and kids thru my account (even though I won't be on the PNR) as I am on a separate PNR booked by my Company's travel agent
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by DFWsakp
I tried signing into my BA Account to use the Code, but it did not work.
Can you also let me know if I can purchase a ticket for my wife and kids thru my account (even though I won't be on the PNR) as I am on a separate PNR booked by my Company's travel agent
According to the terms and conditions (see ba.com/chase10), the cardholder must travel. You may want to consider making your wife an additional cardholder or account holder so that she may purchase the tickets and qualify for the discount. Also, the cardholder's account must be open at the time of booking. I don't know at what point Chase considers you are at in the application/opening process? If you need to purchase tickets very soon you may run into some difficulty. If you can wait, you should be ok.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Is there a hard block to using other Chase visa cards with the discount? It used to be possible to use e.g. Chase Ink and still use the code, but I think at some point they put in a validation.

Can I use the code and not pay with my BA visa? I want to use the discount but have a minimum spend to meet on another card.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:10 pm

I don’t know. Call me old fashioned but when I’ve used the Chase BA discount code I’ve only ever used my Chase BA card.
worldtrav likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
I am getting error messages when using the CHASEBA10 code. I have logged in. When I submit the code, the error messages direct me to log in and start the booking selection all over again. Did this twice. Same result. It is possible that the T&C are being strictly enforce? I do not have BA Visa. Planning to use another Chase Visa.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:45 pm

I don’t know. Call me old fashioned but when I’ve used the Chase BA discount code I’ve only ever used my Chase BA card.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
I am getting error messages when using the CHASEBA10 code. I have logged in. When I submit the code, the error messages direct me to log in and start the booking selection all over again. Did this twice. Same result. It is possible that the T&C are being strictly enforce? I do not have BA Visa. Planning to use another Chase Visa.
It works with other Chase visa cards. Were you logged in before you started the booking and did you start the booking from the BA site or click through from somewhere else (e.g. Google Flights)? I'd suggest logging into BA.com (and ensure it's the US site), searching through the BA site and then applying the discount code in the promo box (make sure all flights are marketed and operated by BA and that the origin is in the US).
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Thanks. I will start clean this time. However, I will go through the AARP site and work straight through without leaving the BA booking site. Hopefully that would solve my problem. Thanks gain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.