10% off BA Flights with Chase BA Visa

Old Mar 24, 20, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This is due to expire in a week. Any word on an extension?
Old Nov 21, 20, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
I just tried a sample booking for Jan.2021 using CHASEBA10 and got the 10% discount quoted.
Old Nov 21, 20, 3:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by michelin View Post
This is due to expire in a week. Any word on an extension?
Originally Posted by billgrates3 View Post
I just tried a sample booking for Jan.2021 using CHASEBA10 and got the 10% discount quoted.
Unlike previous years I cannot see any expiry date listed on the terms and conditions page at ba.com/chase10. Perhaps this is now a rolling benefits until we hear otherwise. If so that's good news as planning towards the end of an annual cycle was sometimes problematic.
Old Nov 21, 20, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
Unlike previous years I cannot see any expiry date listed on the terms and conditions page at ba.com/chase10. Perhaps this is now a rolling benefits until we hear otherwise. If so that's good news as planning towards the end of an annual cycle was sometimes problematic.
FYI - for those in USA and 55+, you can get $200 off the top of Biz Class fares, then also take the 10% card discount if you are an AARP member. It's only ~$16 to join, so a very good ROI.
Old Nov 21, 20, 5:18 pm

FYI - for those in USA and 55+, you can get $200 off the top of Biz Class fares, then also take the 10% card discount if you are an AARP member. It's only ~$16 to join, so a very good ROI.
There is a thread dedicated to this here:

BA fare discounts with AARP

Unless it’s changed recently there’s no need to wait until you’re 55 either.
Old Nov 22, 20, 12:32 pm

You don't have to be 55+ to join AARP, a 3 year old could join.
Old Dec 2, 20, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Tried to use CHASEBA10 on a BOS-LHR-BLR booking and I getting the following error.
The length of the longest flight in your journey is not valid with promotion code CHASEBA10.
I have used the code before on this route (and others). Couldn't find any change in the fine print that would limit the offer to length of the flight. Anyone run into this before?
Old Dec 2, 20, 6:38 am
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by sometalkofme View Post
Tried to use CHASEBA10 on a BOS-LHR-BLR booking and I getting the following error.

I have used the code before on this route (and others). Couldn't find any change in the fine print that would limit the offer to length of the flight. Anyone run into this before?
I found the same last night. BOS-LHR-HYD. I don't mind getting off on the way when BA tells me I hit the limit. Just give me my discount.

But I think it may be a bug because I received the same message even for my BOS-LHR booking. Clearly LHR-HYD has to be longer.
Old Dec 2, 20, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by sometalkofme View Post

I tried it too to check and received the same error. Looks like an IT glitch to me as there's no reason why that routing would not qualify. Perhaps if you call then could add the promotional code manually? Please report back if you have any success with that.

Old Dec 2, 20, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I tried it too to check and received the same error. Looks like an IT glitch to me as there's no reason why that routing would not qualify. Perhaps if you call then could add the promotional code manually? Please report back if you have any success with that.
I will give it a shot over the weekend. Will get back with any update, here.
golfmad likes this.
Old Dec 2, 20, 8:08 pm

The code may not stack with AARP is one call. Or, will it?
Old Dec 7, 20, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EP
Called BA and asked them to try booking a PNR with the promo code. Agent received the same error response on her side.

Initially she said it was an inventory issue. BS. Then ultimately said it was a Chase issue and to call them.

so typical BA “we don’t know. And we don’t care”

Originally Posted by planes&trains View Post
The code may not stack with AARP is one call. Or, will it?
Old Dec 7, 20, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier View Post
Called BA and asked them to try booking a PNR with the promo code. Agent received the same error response on her side.

Initially she said it was an inventory issue. BS. Then ultimately said it was a Chase issue and to call them.

so typical BA “we don’t know. And we don’t care”
I created an itinerary with AARP and put in on hold for $10 and was planning to call. But I guess after this update no point. Will wait it out. The last time they had the bug with AARP, it took them several weeks. Hope this will not be that long. My trip is for Jan.
AAExecPlatFlier likes this.
Old Dec 11, 20, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Any updates on this? Has anyone recently been able to layer AARP and the Chase discount on the same booking?
Old Dec 11, 20, 2:36 pm

I did the aarp discount for a business flight and got $166 off instead of the 200 dollars. It said discounted price.

Search this Thread