BA is too expensive ..

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by irishguy28
of the BA price.

I was talking about the KL price!!!!

2 * KL = BA

(In price, in this case - not in general!!!)
It is simple basic arithmetic. if BA costs GBP200 and KL costs GBP100 , the saving by going on KL is GBP100 . 100/200 = 1/2 => a 50% saving

If viewing as a premium of travelling BA over KL, then there is a 100% premium to fly BA

If the saving to travel KL was 100% it would require that the flight be free on KL. With BA being GBP200 , 100% of GBP200 = GBP200 => a 100% saving requires that KL be GBP200 cheaper than BA => KL would have to be free

It can be put as 100% premium to go BA or 50% saving by going on KL but not 100% saving by going on KL
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
When there's no Saturday night stay involved, this is where you should look at bundling on a hotel or car via ba.com
Quick question on this - from past experience, when I book a flight and car I get a voucher to download from BA.com and need this to take to Avis to 'pay' for the reserved vehicle, I can also upgrade etc.. and use the voucher value against the booking.

However if I never collect the car, would there be any comeback from BA?

Could it impact the return leg?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by BitPipe
Quick question on this - from past experience, when I book a flight and car I get a voucher to download from BA.com and need this to take to Avis to 'pay' for the reserved vehicle, I can also upgrade etc.. and use the voucher value against the booking.

However if I never collect the car, would there be any comeback from BA?

Could it impact the return leg?

Why not go to the rental desk with the doc and give a proper excuse as to why you can't drive today and let them document it ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.