Wiki Posts
Search

Crew seat on the E190 (Cityflyer)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Crew seat on the E190 (Cityflyer)

Flew up to GLA on Saturday, and when I booked, I had got myself 2D. At check in, I had been moved to 13D, but was able to move to 2A. This was the only seat free in the first 8 rows. No problem, I can handle that. I'm not tall, though the extra leg room is nice when you have got up so early and could do with a bit more kip....

On the plane though, the B and C seats were mostly free in the first 8 rows, and no one in the B or C seats in the first 6 rows, even though they weren't available on the check in. And my original 2D was now occupied by a crew member evidently on their way to GLA for work.

Is 2D an allocated crew rest or travel seat?. And one that will mean a BA Silver is kicked out?. Or was it a bit of balancing, with only 78 on board. Still odd to move me and put someone else there for that reason though.

As an aside, was amusing to see a VS girl get off the incoming BA flight while waiting for boarding on the return flight. Nice to see them using their own flights to move their crew around!!!!
Old May 6, 2013, 10:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My theory is you got kicked out for trim / balancing (regular feature on Embraer if low loaded and not Gold). This happened perhaps 12 hours before travel.

Then when it came to allocation of staff travel on the day, possibly they were on standbys, trim logic was simply not followed. So two factors rather than 1. 2D is not a staff seat, and on LCY Embraers there are a lot of staff movements, mainly to Edinburgh, but I guess some staff find themselves heading towards Ayrshire.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.