Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dobba
Does anyone know if there any gluten free cereals on offer or gluten free bread served in the Galleries lounges at T5?
As mentioned up thread, the 2 gluten free items are "Caramel Heaven" cereal bar, and gluten free cookies. Neither are on display, you have to ask for them (though there are signs up too).

However it's ok to bring a slice or two of gluten free bread and a small bag of cereals through security with you, then there is milk and bowls available to make up the breakfast.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Thanks CWS. I think you're right in that bring your own sounds the best plan.

Im sure she will appreciate the cookies but maybe not for breakfast.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dobba
Thanks CWS. I think you're right in that bring your own sounds the best plan.

Im sure she will appreciate the cookies but maybe not for breakfast.
I've just had a look at one, the 65g bar has over 300 calories in it! Another fascinating fact I learned today: these 2 gluten free bars get delivered to the lounges frozen, for some reason.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:09 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
On the hunt for the ice cream stash! Clues please!!!!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
I've looked for the past 2 years so good luck
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by linzbh
On the hunt for the ice cream stash! Clues please!!!!
The freezer used to be in Galleries Club South, when you walked right out of the cinema and left immediately, where I think were (probably still are) coffee machines. But haven't been there for ages and from the reports here it might be similar for the ice cream...
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
There are smoked salmon bagels on request now?? FANTASTIC- I'll be kosher in the GC .
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:05 am

So I seriously can't get a hot breakfast after my morning drive to the airport and boarding will start before 'lunch' is served?
Not such a good value upgrade after all
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by haasha
The freezer used to be in Galleries Club South, when you walked right out of the cinema and left immediately, where I think were (probably still are) coffee machines. But haven't been there for ages and from the reports here it might be similar for the ice cream...
Long gone
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
For those interested in a totally bland marketing-driven betrayal of a once-mighty whisky, Talisker Skye (pronounced "Shite") is in the GC at the moment.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:57 am
DSA

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
Are sandwiches really only available from 3pm? (not at lunchtime...)
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by DSA
Are sandwiches really only available from 3pm? (not at lunchtime...)
That is quite correct, yes. In the regional lounges they should available from 12-close of play as they have a scaled down hot lunch/dinner offering, but it's only between 15:00-18:00 at LHR GC I'm afraid. The hot mains buffet should be available between 12:00-15:00, with two soup choices also available from 12:00 onward.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by haasha
The spot where the ice cream freezer was has been turned into a drinks fridge.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by dnajockey
Long gone
Originally Posted by Jagboi
The spot where the ice cream freezer was has been turned into a drinks fridge.
The dawn of freezers...

<OT>

The one from Senator lounge in ZRH has gone too, which makes that lounge very close to not worth visiting. Albeit it reportedly returns in spring.

</OT>
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:17 am

Speaking of ice cream, do we know which lounges have ice cream?

I remember that SIN lounge has (had?) ice cream and I am pretty sure I saw ice cream elsewhere too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.