Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by haasha
They could see you at the champagne bar from the lobby. It's not like you would abandon them completely.
Good point, for some reason this solid argument just resulted to raised eyebrows, thenagain, only to raised eyebrows, not to some sharp objects flying towards me or anything. So, definately a prospective development track for the upcoming flight to sugarcoat and massage the facts.

Besides, the infant aka. mini-me is not counted as a guest so champagne (for me) could be purchased by (unfortunately again me) babysitting the kid while sipping bubbly.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Routed through T5 North GC yesterday around lunchtime.

I really do wish they would bring the sandwiches out around 11am. Even if the troughs of hot food come later. Just to provide an alternative to danish pastries and bone-dry, ossified toast. Wouldn't hurt, right?

The new-ish "Singapore Chicken" was on offer (actually smelled quite good), along with the time-served beef chilli, baked beans, jacket spuds, etc., and the pasta is currently penne in a spinach & cream sauce.

There is only one variety of quiche on offer, and that is currently Asparagus.

Kind of sad that there isn't much to go with the cold salad range these days. There used to be a bit of gravadlax or something, but that got enhanced some time ago.

There were the dreaded boiled egg sandwiches, but Coronation Chicken has now been replaced by quite passable Chicken Caesar. There was something else fishy, think it was tuna.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:50 am

I'm considering a redemption in CE to Prague as a surprise birthday treat for someone and was slightly disappointed to see that the flight departs from T3. I don't have status to allow a visit to anywhere other than GC.

Am I right to be disappointed, is there much difference from the T5 GC lounges? I guess T3 will potentially be quieter? Does it have any kind of view or is it boxed in? The flight I'm looking at departs at 19:05 so we'd be in there from approx 5pm.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AllTheNines
I'm considering a redemption in CE to Prague as a surprise birthday treat for someone and was slightly disappointed to see that the flight departs from T3. I don't have status to allow a visit to anywhere other than GC.

Am I right to be disappointed, is there much difference from the T5 GC lounges? I guess T3 will potentially be quieter? Does it have any kind of view or is it boxed in? The flight I'm looking at departs at 19:05 so we'd be in there from approx 5pm.
If you are travelling in CE from T3 you'll be able to visit the AA and CX lounges there as well.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:02 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

T3 GC is generally much quieter than its T5 cousins. The view however isn't great and it distinctly lacks atmosphere. (You might find that a positive given the atmosphere of T5 Galleries lounges generally resembles that of a zoo)

Edited to add: You can of course use the CX J lounge. There's a neat little noodle bar in there and it's my lounge of choice out of T3. Better showers too. Look up the CX flight times though, if there's one due it can get extremely busy. Otherwise, it's often dead.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There's another very recent thread on oneworld lounges in T3 which shows a Youtube video of what they are like. They are all quieter than T5, particularly on a Saturday afternoon, except perhaps Cathay around their departure times, and they all have hot food at that hour. I don't think any of them have stunning views (with a possible case for CX First lounge if you had access) but none of them are boxed in either. So you should be fine, don't leave the lounge at the last moment, 35 or more minutes before departure time is comfortable.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Here you go AllTheNines, this is the post with the link to the youtube video cws noted.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The gloop menu has been tweaked slightly with Singapore chicken replacing the Portuguese chicken.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mjh0
There were the dreaded boiled egg sandwiches, but Coronation Chicken has now been replaced by quite passable Chicken Caesar. There was something else fishy, think it was tuna.
How come the sandwiches at GC T5 seem so much poorer than at most of the outstations?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:48 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by stifle
The gloop menu has been tweaked slightly with Singapore chicken replacing the Portuguese chicken.
Bet it looks and tastes the exact same.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by RedcardPingle
How come the sandwiches at GC T5 seem so much poorer than at most of the outstations?
It's appropriate to the time of day, obviously
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
I had a taste of 'the dreaded gloop' on Friday, when I found myself in the B lounge by accident after foolishly trusting the boarding message on the screen in the CCR. While I wasn't a great fan of the sauce as it was a little spicy, I was impressed by the quality and quantity chicken in it.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I had a taste of 'the dreaded gloop' on Friday, when I found myself in the B lounge by accident after foolishly trusting the boarding message on the screen in the CCR. While I wasn't a great fan of the sauce as it was a little spicy, I was impressed by the quality and quantity chicken in it.
Yes, I can agree with that. The pasta (now with spinach and ricotta) is decent as well. The chilli is awful though.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
Thanks to everybody for this very useful thread - especially to c-w-s for slumming it every now and again as a service to others!

It think it is very poor that there is not hot food throughout the day. I think the "gloop" is actually the best thing to serve buffet style throughout the day, and any airport lounge that doesn't offer hot food is hardly a lounge at all. Maybe CCR is BA's flagship lounge, but T5 Galleries Club should be their flagship Business lounges and having only a few hours for each "meal" is a joke in an aiport. Note to BA: most people in airports are travelling. Their eating patterns may not correspond to yours.

The removal of the bacon sandwiches at 9.30am feels particularly petty.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You agree with most of the people who have been saying that for the last 15 months. BA has not changed its mind; ergo, I suspect the changes are here to stay. Call it an incentive to aim for gold!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.