Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are now a few new items in the Galleries Clubs in T3 and T5. Post 1 on this thread gives the current menu. I will highlight a few items:

Portuguese chicken which is being cascaded in, currently in T5B - I haven't tasted this yet.
Mushroom penne (which seems popular there)
Indonesian chicken and noodle soup - which I have to say tasted superb and is indeed like the wet noodle dishes of the Far East. It's not served to Gold cardholder unless they are prepared to go upstairs, but a vaut le dtour!

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 14, 2013 at 8:30 am
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:26 am
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

I've been fortunate enough to find myself in the CCR the last few times I've passed through London and when I order I always get an omelette which isn't actually on the menu. Can you also do the same in galleries first or do they make you stick to the menu?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bdohmen
I've been fortunate enough to find myself in the CCR the last few times I've passed through London and when I order I always get an omelette which isn't actually on the menu. Can you also do the same in galleries first or do they make you stick to the menu?
In CCR they have always been flexible, and the staff have recently been asked not to say no if they can: they will ask the chef if something can be done. If Flounge is busy (e.g. Monday late morning) I don't think it would be a good idea, but you can always ask. However for breakfast egg dishes in Flounge, they are happy to do the usual combinations. I get the impression that the chefs like to turn their hands at something new from time to time.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
17:50 and no sight of the hot food in T5 Galleries North. I find this concept of afternoon tea alright until about 17:00, but any later I'd expect the hot food to come out. Our at least my tummy does
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
No "Portuguese Chicken" in evidence in T5A GC South yesterday. There was a Red Thai Chicken Curry, along with the pasta in mushroom sauce, a veg curry and chili con carne.

Also some rather sorry looking quiche. One tray seemed to just be a handful of crumbled leftovers and bits that had broken off other slices. I did mention to a member of staff that it "looked a bit sad" and asked if there was more available. They shrugged, said "Mmm...", and sloped off back in the direction of the kitchen, but didn't come back with anything

Can't help thinking BA have an obsession with boiled egg in sandwiches though. In the lounge, on the plane, they are everywhere. Bit of variety would be nice.

Sadly got subjected to a flight out of A10, so no escaping to T5B for me.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by mjh0
Can't help thinking BA have an obsession with boiled egg in sandwiches though. In the lounge, on the plane, they are everywhere. Bit of variety would be nice.
I would have said the obsession was mayonnaise.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:01 am
Original Poster

There have been a few changes to Galleries Club food options. They don't seem to directly follow the menu updates in CCR and First Lounge, but among the new items is the feta and onion quiche, and butter chicken has finally been eliminated.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Any chance of getting a good lunch at Galleries Club when I go to T5 on Saturday?

What's on the menu these days?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Any chance of getting a good lunch at Galleries Club when I go to T5 on Saturday?

What's on the menu these days?
The menu is still up to date, judging by lunch today.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The menu is still up to date, judging by lunch today.
So, that's probably a 'no' as far as getting a 'good' lunch is concerned. The chilli is usually adequate though....
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I had the Thai red chicken curry and rice with vegetables in for lunch. It was delicious even though it did look like gloop! Popped to WH Smith for a Wispa as something sweet afterwards and had a slice of ginger cake for afternoon tea when they came out shortly after that.

For a light evening meal I had a few slices of ham and salami, with a tasty chutney and salad on the side. Perfectly satisfactory and a decent light option before taking an overnight flight. I took pudding (lemon cheesecake) on the plane a few hours later.

100% satisfied with Galleries Club catering. ^
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Will be visiting LHR T3 on Thu, might miss the 12-15 time slot for food so does anyone have any update on the status at AA or CX lounge.
Does AA offer anything to OWS's and secondly, is there anything else than noodles at CX?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Will be visiting LHR T3 on Thu, might miss the 12-15 time slot for food so does anyone have any update on the status at AA or CX lounge.
Does AA offer anything to OWS's and secondly, is there anything else than noodles at CX?
AA used to have lasagne style (meat & veg) hot meals all afternoon. I am not sure about CX, but I think they have curries out all afternoon too.

Breakfast in AA used to be sandwiches and muffins, in CX full continental + limited english.

Or if you fancy GF, send me a PM.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Thx or the info, GF would surely interest BUT unfortunately I'm now on a C-class holiday* i.e. traveling with wife+infant kid, so just guesting me in GF might raise some objections Thenagain, maybe their complaining wouldn't travel all the way to GF...

* Standard classification, C=with family, B=with wife, A=solo/with best friends doing something awesome, A+=with someone else's wife .
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Thx or the info, GF would surely interest BUT unfortunately I'm now on a C-class holiday* i.e. traveling with wife+infant kid, so just guesting me in GF might raise some objections Thenagain, maybe their complaining wouldn't travel all the way to GF...

* Standard classification, C=with family, B=with wife, A=solo/with best friends doing something awesome, A+=with someone else's wife .
They could see you at the champagne bar from the lobby. It's not like you would abandon them completely.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.