Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:39 am

If you are in T3 you should be nowhere near the galleries lounge. Go to the cathay lounge. So much nicer.
Mater likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by i_concur
If you are in T3 you should be nowhere near the galleries lounge. Go to the cathay lounge. So much nicer.
Can I access that with a Club Europe boarding pass? I'm only on the lowest flying club tier.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Satriales
Can I access that with a Club Europe boarding pass? I'm only on the lowest flying club tier.
Yes, absolutely - you can access the Cathay Business lounge. get yourself over to the noodle bar and have a glass of fizz.
86BA7 and Ele73 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Yes, absolutely - you can access the Cathay Business lounge. get yourself over to the noodle bar and have a glass of fizz.
Cool, thanks. The review on Head for Points suggest you need either silver or gold status to access which I dont have, so wasnt sure if you would be allowed in.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Satriales
Cool, thanks. The review on Head for Points suggest you need either silver or gold status to access which I dont have, so wasnt sure if you would be allowed in.
With a Business ticket, you'll have access. https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...dmittance.html
Ele73 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Can anyone post a menu in Galleries Club at LHR, please, or advise me on a thread where I could find it? Many thanks
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by the810
Can anyone post a menu in Galleries Club at LHR, please, or advise me on a thread where I could find it? Many thanks

HI the810
For some reason I cannot post the picture of the menu but was in the lounge at B gates yesterday and the choices were ( after 11am btw)

House Salads
Garden Salad
Black Rice, Quinoa & Edamame Salad with ham hock
Mixed Bean Salad
Hot Dishes
Soup of the day with bread roll
Garlic & Black Pepper Chicken with Rice
Pasta Bolognese with Garlic Dough Balls
Cambodian Vegetable Curry with rice
Sweet & Sour garden gourmet fillets ( plant based)
Afternoon Tea
Sandwich selection with crisps
Tuna and sweetcorn mayo
Egg mayo and cress
Coronation Chicken
Plant based cream cheese & Cucumber
Cheese sandwich
Cake of the day

Hopefully that helps, all drinks are back to self serve now with food being ordered via qr codes
FlightDetective and the810 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JHodgson0801
HI the810
For some reason I cannot post the picture of the menu but was in the lounge at B gates yesterday and the choices were ( after 11am btw)

House Salads
Garden Salad
Black Rice, Quinoa & Edamame Salad with ham hock
Mixed Bean Salad
Hot Dishes
Soup of the day with bread roll
Garlic & Black Pepper Chicken with Rice
Pasta Bolognese with Garlic Dough Balls
Cambodian Vegetable Curry with rice
Sweet & Sour garden gourmet fillets ( plant based)
Afternoon Tea
Sandwich selection with crisps
Tuna and sweetcorn mayo
Egg mayo and cress
Coronation Chicken
Plant based cream cheese & Cucumber
Cheese sandwich
Cake of the day

Hopefully that helps, all drinks are back to self serve now with food being ordered via qr codes
Perfect, thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:24 am

It has been almost 4 years since I was in GC mid-afternoon. Do they still have that nonsense of not hot food between 15:00-18:00? I'm flying out of T5 at about 19:00 on Saturday and will want something more substantial than cake of the day and a few sarnies.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
It has been almost 4 years since I was in GC mid-afternoon. Do they still have that nonsense of not hot food between 15:00-18:00? I'm flying out of T5 at about 19:00 on Saturday and will want something more substantial than cake of the day and a few sarnies.
Don't forget the halved pork pies
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:10 am

A few pics of my grub on Saturday in the South lounge for a continental breakfast and a vegetarian katsu curry. The food was very good and tasted fresh. The only beef I had was the table service was not active and so you had to queue but this was moving fast and got each order within a couple of minutes.

I think BA can return certainly to having more options of self-service available, especially for breakfast where it is a light affair.

GOTBound likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:15 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by drwook
Don't forget the halved pork pies
Two halves make a whole.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:48 am

I'd like to know the answer to this too please. What's on offer in GCs between 1400 and 1700? Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I'm nearly 100% certain that the removal of hot food mid afternoon stopped a few years ago. We've had some fairly long layovers, most recently in November 2021 and hot food was available all afternoon in both T5B and South.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by MarcD
I'm nearly 100% certain that the removal of hot food mid afternoon stopped a few years ago. We've had some fairly long layovers, most recently in November 2021 and hot food was available all afternoon in both T5B and South.
That was my thinking, but I just haven't been into GC in the afternoon for such a long time, I can't remember.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.