Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the BA & third party lounges outside the Metropolis, namely Newcastle, Manchester, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen. The catering supplier for the BA lounges was changed on 28 April 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by onlynik
Good good, if only they'd get Aitken's ones though.
Ross's for me, please!
Old May 3, 2013, 11:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by ABZGirl
Ross's for me, please!
i know a man who swears by the Aitken's Plan. He's the happiest person I know.

Looking forward to sampling the new offering. It has been such a long time since the F&B has changed. Come to think of it, i don't think the sandwich fillings haven't ever changed. Is this true?
Old May 7, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
BHD catering as mediocre as ever!

Title says it all - no improvement to catering here yet!
I have photographic evidence but still haven't yet worked out how to upload photos here!
Old May 7, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Absolutely diabolical! Not much on offer on my last visit through and the sole working coffee machine seems not to be working very well!
Old May 7, 2013, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by bd95
Absolutely diabolical! Not much on offer on my last visit through and the sole working coffee machine seems not to be working very well!
Both coffee machines are now deceased. It's hot water and instant "for several weeks to come" according to lounge staff. Poor.
Old May 24, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Very unimpressed with EDI catering so far....
- no crisps for half an hour (although on the upside they had three flavours to pick from rather than just ready salted!)
- very disappointing sandwiches - old ones much better; Overpowering lemongrass flavour to chicken sandwich, could hardly taste chicken; no real flavour to mozarella/tomato
- no soup (it was being defrosted!!)
- no yoghurts
- no desserts
- biscuits in big jars, no proper chocolate ones (not a fan of ginger/cinnamon)

Drinks selections OK but could really do with some more food. Massive delay on flights today so may need to go back some purchases elsewhere!

Assuming I make it down tonight I have the delight of trying out T3 GF breakfast tomorrow and another chance to sample T5 Flounge after the weekend...

Last edited by EDIflyer; May 24, 2013 at 12:38 pm
Old May 24, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL FL, AA EXP, MR Titanium, HH Dia, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Melia Plat, Amex Centurion
Unhappy Oh dear

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Very unimpressed with EDI catering so far....
- no crisps for half an hour (although on the upside they had three flavours to pick from rather than just ready salted!)
- very disappointing sandwiches - old ones much better; Overpowering lemongrass flavour to chicken sandwich, could hardly taste chicken; no real flavour to mozarella/tomato
- no soup (it was being defrosted!!)
- no yoghurts
- no desserts
- biscuits in big jars, no proper chocolate ones (not a fan of ginger/cinnamon)

Drinks selections OK but could really do with some more food. Massive delay on flights today so may need to go back some purchases elsewhere!

Assuming I make it down tonight I have the delight of trying out T3 GF breakfast tomorrow and another chance to sample T5 Flounge after the weekend...
I DO hope you are not in for a lunch time T5 GF experience - because in the words of the prophet you will certainly be in for a life changing "experience...." of the not so very good kind....:-(
Old May 25, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hehe well just had my T3 GF breakfast experience - sadly they seem to think porridge should have the consistency of soup!!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Can confirm BHD is now on this new menu as well, and that the coffee machine is also (to use an appropriately regional word) banjaxed.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Can confirm BHD is now on this new menu as well, and that the coffee machine is also (to use an appropriately regional word) banjaxed.
The new menu is a welcome improvement - and unlike the LHR T1 domestic lounge, they have cake... in fact a selection of cake!!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Important Yorkshire Premier Lounge update for the many LBA route users!

So in the lounge there is free food in the lounge included sweets, chocolates, tea cakes, bread and a toaster, crisps, olives etc. but no hot food available in the lounge itself (apart from the toast of course). However, if you want hot food you can go to Saltaire bar which is outside an opposite the lounge to pay and order food there, tell them you are in the lounge, and they will bring it through. There is a menu on the LBA website in case this is of interest to anyone:

Saltaire Menu

Just to add that I have heard from others that bacon butties and cocktails are sometimes available in the lounge, but I have yet to see them myself unforunately.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
Just to add that I have heard from others that bacon butties and cocktails are sometimes available in the lounge, but I have yet to see them myself unforunately.
Bacon/sausage sandwiches just before lunch IME.

The early afternoon BA flight normally catches the final few.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:32 am

As I am here in the morning for once here are some photos of the food and drink offering at the Yorshire Permier lounge.

Bacon butties are there under the plastic cover. Also bottles of Old Speckled Hen are sometimes not in the fridge, but are available. Just ask the lounge staff and they will get you some.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:36 am

And for the hardened alcoholics some stronger stuff is also available.

Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:58 am

Looks a decent spread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.