Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in London Gatwick North Terminal. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders as well as assengers flying on a oneworld First ticket. The catering supplier was changed on 25 April 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in this post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LGW lounge
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

Catering options - LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveF
Am I correct that there is no Full English breakfast available in the Gatwick First lounge ? If so, any recommendations for breakfast either before or after security? BTW I'm staying at the Sofitel, but I'm too mean to pay their price for fried eggs, sausage, bacon and a couple of slices of toast .
No full English, but the items whcih are available are listed in post 1 of the thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20664956-post1.html
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
In the F lounge? I have never seen it before (nor, should I add, would I want to!)
I meant in jest in response to your asking what might be hiding in the BA cellar.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
No full English, but the items whcih are available are listed in post 1 of the thread.

Thanks. Post #1 seems to be contradicted by post #71 though, which seems even more distant to my idea of a Full English than the first.

Oh well, unless something better and/or cheaper turns up I may have to pay the Sofitel price after all; I can't face a long flight without my breakfast.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Am I correct that there is no Full English breakfast available in the Gatwick First lounge ? If so, any recommendations for breakfast either before or after security? BTW I'm staying at the Sofitel, but I'm too mean to pay their price for fried eggs, sausage, bacon and a couple of slices of toast .

I was in the LGW Flounge for breakfast 2 weeks ago, and the hot items menu seems to have been reduced from that in post 1 of this thread (quoted below)

Please ask your lounge host if you would like to order one of the following hot breakfast options
Tomato and sautéed Portobello mushroom baguette (vegetarian)
British back bacon and Stavely scrambled eggs on toast
Salmon on granary toast
Baked beans on toast (vegetarian)
Egg royale
Porridge with traditional accompaniments
I can't remember it in full, but the bacon and scrambled eggs on toast was definitely not there, as I would have ordered it. Don't recall the salmon on toast either, but not 100% on that. There was a bacon baguette which is not mentioned above. I had the Egg Royale, and they do mean Egg, you only get one unless you ask for more. It was quite decent though.

A full English with juice and coffee is probably going to cost about Ł10-15 in one of the various restaurants on the upper level in LGW N.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks. Post #1 seems to be contradicted by post #71 though, which seems even more distant to my idea of a Full English than the first.

Oh well, unless something better and/or cheaper turns up I may have to pay the Sofitel price after all; I can't face a long flight without my breakfast.
Good point. I think that post 71 seems to be the most recent menu we have. I have linked to that in the wiki instead.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Good point. I think that post 71 seems to be the most recent menu we have. I have linked to that in the wiki instead.
That looks pretty familiar from my recent visit.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold,Hilton Diamond,Platinum Ambass,SPG Gold,Flying Blue Platinum,Club Carlson Gold
The hot Waffle with honey and Greek Yogurt last weekend was really delicious at 05.30^. Well done to the excellent lounge staff on duty that morning, nothing was a bother for them!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
So what is the collective wisdom as to how long I should allow myself for the F lounge at LGW based on a 15.10 departure? Is there a better eating option in the North terminal for a spot of lunch, as I suspect it will be at least about 16.00 before I start to get served on the plane?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Bit miffed at today's 'clubcard boost' for iTunes. I went on first thing this morning and then again mid-morning, both times said the offer wasn't open yet. Of course I then forgot about it until just now, and now it says its sold out. Anyone manage to order some? Ł25 itunes voucher for Ł5 clubcard vouchers, no wonder it went fast!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Bit miffed at today's 'clubcard boost' for iTunes. I went on first thing this morning and then again mid-morning, both times said the offer wasn't open yet. Of course I then forgot about it until just now, and now it says its sold out. Anyone manage to order some? Ł25 itunes voucher for Ł5 clubcard vouchers, no wonder it went fast!
Not wishing to sound rude, but is this posted in the intended thread?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Not wishing to sound rude, but is this posted in the intended thread?
Nope, it was meant for the Tesco thread!
Old May 5, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF QP
Recent News: New opening hours for London Gatwick First lounge
The First lounge is now open daily until 15.00hrs

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...=1430890074743

So, we don't care about Gold/owEmerald - only those flying in F cabin!

As an aside, the Flounge menu looks pathetic. Is BA really that hard up for cash.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by beresfordbear007
Recent News: New opening hours for London Gatwick First lounge
The First lounge is now open daily until 15.00hrs

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...=1430890074743

So, we don't care about Gold/owEmerald - only those flying in F cabin!

As an aside, the Flounge menu looks pathetic. Is BA really that hard up for cash.
Been done to death over the last six weeks here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...close-3pm.html
Old May 30, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flying out of LGW next Saturday, does post one still reflect the current menu in the FLounge?

Thanks in advance
Old May 30, 2015, 2:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Flying out of LGW next Saturday, does post one still reflect the current menu in the FLounge?

Thanks in advance
More or less, but there are one or two more hot options now on the waiter order menu, but the buffet options are about the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.