FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Amsterdam-London 26th April...... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1461668-amsterdam-london-26th-april.html)

Skipcool3 Apr 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Amsterdam-London 26th April......

Ok I need to get back from AMS on friday, but B.A. are telling me they don't have a single seat in any fare class on any flight back to London (LCY, LGW or LHR) What is going on.....? ?
I know it is a public holiday in Holland on tuesday but..........

On my way to Hook of Holland to catch the overnight ferry for around 90euro which includes a cabin, breakfast and the train to Liverpool Street....

Steve Oh Apr 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Although pricey, there are still several flight to LON from AMS, inc 2 seats with BA

Steve Oh Apr 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Easyjet are also showing 2 flights to Gatwick.

I won't insult you by looking at Ryanair ;)

BlackBerryAddict Apr 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Maybe people are escaping the investiture :)

I also tried to find flights on that day a couple of weeks ago, and while there were a few seats available, at the prices they (U2 and KL as well) were offering it wasn't worth it.

jerry a. laska Apr 25, 2013 1:17 pm

BA433 dep 2205 shows as available on the 26th on ba.com for £349. (this is probably what Steve Oh was referring to).

ExpatSomchai Apr 25, 2013 1:27 pm

1 seat on the 19:15 too

britbronco22 Apr 25, 2013 1:34 pm

It's Queens Day I think? Quite a big deal

ExpatSomchai Apr 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Is that a Gay thing?

aporwol Apr 25, 2013 1:37 pm

Rotterdam nearly always has flights available for RFS, so i guess paid flights also. Very short check in time too.

30th April is Queens Day celebrating the princesses becoming Queen (or as my badly translated email, from my supplier in Holland said 'the day when the Queen became King'!)

windsock Apr 25, 2013 1:54 pm

The Queen is Abdicating

It will be the last Queens Day as Queen Beatrix is abdicating, and her oldest son Willem-Alexander will become the King of the Netherlands.
The last Queensday will take place on Tuesday 30th of April, 2013, the first King's Day on Saturday 26, 2014, one day before Willem-Alexander’s birthday. From now on the King’s Day will be held on April 27 each year.

(Thanks to Amsterdaminfo for details)

mattk Apr 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Skipcool3 (Post 20652195)
Ok I need to get back from AMS on friday, but B.A. are telling me they don't have a single seat in any fare class on any flight back to London (LCY, LGW or LHR) What is going on.....? ?
I know it is a public holiday in Holland on tuesday but..........

On my way to Hook of Holland to catch the overnight ferry for around 90euro which includes a cabin, breakfast and the train to Liverpool Street....

There's a big medical conference going on here. Flights are sold out, hotels are 400 a night.

Skipcool3 Apr 25, 2013 1:58 pm

~ I guess that availability changes all the time..... I was offered nothing on B.A.
Queens day is a big thing in Holland and has everything to do with having a day off and a good time, and nothing to do with being gay...!!!
Luckily I will be back in Holland on the 29th.........
I always forget to Check RTM!!!
On the ferry now anyway, very smart and cabin comfortable...... good weather and I will be back in central London by about 8am too. 90 euro including 3 bags!!!

Steve Oh Apr 25, 2013 2:01 pm

That's not bad - how long in the journey in total?

irmster Apr 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by aporwol (Post 20652415)
Rotterdam nearly always has flights available for RFS, so i guess paid flights also. Very short check in time too.

yes I have just booked RFS to Rotterdam as nothing to AMS. No idea how to get to AMS from there though. Too far for a taxi (not that rich!).

mattk Apr 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by irmster (Post 20652612)
yes I have just booked RFS to Rotterdam as nothing to AMS. No idea how to get to AMS from there though. Too far for a taxi (not that rich!).

The train is the best and quickest way to Amsterdam. Taxi to Rotherham Centraal then about 1:10hr to Amsterdam Centraal. Faster on the Fyra but I think it requires a supplement. Check out www.ns.nl