Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Clinic thread: Flight delays, cancellations, operational quirks and oddities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic thread: Flight delays, cancellations, operational quirks and oddities

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Somewhere between 0% and 0.5% chance.
At this stage they would reroute you on BA or Joint Business services (AA/IB/AY). At the airport (for on the day cancellations) they would reroute you on VS too, which has seats on the 11:30 flight.

There are plenty of seats via JFK, PHL, BOS and MIA. I'd get on the phone and ask for the option you prefer.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by BA6501
Somewhere between 0% and 0.5% chance.
At this stage they would reroute you on BA or Joint Business services (AA/IB/AY). At the airport (for on the day cancellations) they would reroute you on VS too, which has seats on the 11:30 flight.

There are plenty of seats via JFK, PHL, BOS and MIA. I'd get on the phone and ask for the option you prefer.
Thanks for your advice. It is frustrating to learn about it when the call centre is shut and not much can be done now.
I have not thought about BOS, MIA and other US ports. My current ideal reroute would be BA269 to LAX first connecting to BA2488 back to IAD. Hope the seats won't go before I ring tomorrow morning.

Last edited by sin3386; Oct 19, 2018 at 3:36 pm
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The agent will likely try to reduce disruption to your journey, rather than adding over 10 hours to your travel time? Not sure what you are trying to do there.
If I were you I would also keep an eye on the booking, you might have been automatically rebooked.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
The agent will likely try to reduce disruption to your journey, rather than adding over 10 hours to your travel time? Not sure what you are trying to do there.
If I were you I would also keep an eye on the booking, you might have been automatically rebooked.
Yeah. That sounds silly but those flights can minimise disruptions to my schedule.

Last edited by sin3386; Oct 19, 2018 at 11:51 pm
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sin3386
I am due to fly from LHR to IAD the coming Monday (22/10/2018) on BA293 in WT+. I just learnt this flight will be cancelled and I have to be in Washington, DC by Tuesday 9:00am. Nothing can be seen on MMB yet. The direct flights to IAD/BWI this Sunday/ coming Monday are very full. I don't mind to fly the long way to get there (i.e. LHR-DOH-IAD on QR or LHR-HKG-IAD on CX). How likely BA will endorse my ticket on other OW carriers in case no alternative flights are available?
How do you know the flight will be cancelled?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
A more likely routing would be LHR-JFK/BOS and then a shuttle flight to IAD.

BA aren't as flexible with creative routings, as AA for example, so I can't see them going for the LAX option either.

M
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Ba293 on the 22nd is show on ba flight status as cancelled buying flightstats as scheduled
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

How do you know the flight will be cancelled?
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Ba293 on the 22nd is show on ba flight status as cancelled buying flightstats as scheduled
I was sorting out my onward travel in Washington on Friday night. For some reason, I went to BA flight status to check the flight times instead of checking my itinerary and I discovered it was cancelled from there. It was quite late and I could not confirm with BA.

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
A more likely routing would be LHR-JFK/BOS and then a shuttle flight to IAD.

BA aren't as flexible with creative routings, as AA for example, so I can't see them going for the LAX option either.

M
It turned out to be BA automatically rebooked me to the earlier flight. Panic over.
Looks like they zeroed out the inventories well ahead to accommodate passengers not because those flights were full at that point.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:58 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Bump. Can i please make a plea for recent "Flight [XX] is delayed/cancelled/consolidated/diverted on [YY]" threads to be merged here?
golfmad and BAEC like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Query: the LHR-BOM route appears to be a mess of late, with multiple next day delays and cancellations; is this all weather related?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jordan D
Query: the LHR-BOM route appears to be a mess of late, with multiple next day delays and cancellations; is this all weather related?
It look to be because the routing is now longer to avoid overflying Iran?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question BA213 today

Anybody know why this flight is delayed today?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

And before anyone asks.

This is the lhr bos flight

Regards

Tbs
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
It was all proceeding normally until 1100 when they started pushing the departure time out.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Flight left just under two and a half hours late. Disappointing but no knowledge of the specific cause. I suspect the passengers were given some info as to the reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.