Flying BA903 [FRA-LHR]

Old Apr 19, 13, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
Flying BA903 [FRA-LHR]

Hey Guys,

I don't post here often, but I had a couple of quick questions.

1) This is meant to be operated by a 763, what are my chances of getting New Club World instead of glorified Y?

By the way, on the seat map the only row 1 seats there are are the middle seats, so if I'm sitting in 2A, does that means I'm getting a bulkhead?

2) Lounges in FRA: I'm flying in on an airline which I'm pretty sure won't be able to check my luggage all the way through to LHR, so I don't think there's any way I'm able to go through transit is there?
I fly into T2 about 4 hours before departure of BA903, so in regards to that, will I be able use either the JAL lounge or the Cathay one?

3) One last thing, are they both pre-security? Meaning that if I get the transfer, I'm not getting lounge access ?

Thanks to anyone who replies,
Zoui21
Old Apr 19, 13, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Zoui21 View Post
1) This is meant to be operated by a 763, what are my chances of getting New Club World instead of glorified Y?
When the SH 767 fleet is at full strength, very slim, maybe once or twice a month. At the moment ZHA is out for a paint job but will be back shortly.

By the way, on the seat map the only row 1 seats there are are the middle seats, so if I'm sitting in 2A, does that means I'm getting a bulkhead?
Yes.
Old Apr 19, 13, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
When the SH 767 fleet is at full strength, very slim, maybe once or twice a month. At the moment ZHA is out for a paint job but will be back shortly.
Is there anywhere I can track who does/doesn't have proper CW? By tail number preferably, so I can check out who's flying out to FRA tomorrow morning.
Old Apr 19, 13, 4:26 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
FRA T2 departures are split into 2 levels, the lower level is schengen and the upper level is non-schengen. The latter has better facillities.

I have never changed only in T2 in Frankfurt, so I don't know what the route is, and you don't mention where you come from. But even if you go out of departures fully and back in again it won't take long as its a small terminal with short-ish walking distances.

FRA T2 lounges are pre-security (for non-schengen at least) but post passport check.

But the security is done by a block of gates, so tends to be quick as often there is just 1 or 2 flights scheduled from those gates at a time. And I think (but you need to check) that they call the flights from the lounge.

BA use the JAL lounge, I don't know if you can get in the cathay lounge or not, but that is on the other side of T2. The JAL lounge is opposite the gates where the BA flights depart from.

Whenever I have taken the flight then it was always a SH 767, but I haven't done this flight often (I am actually booked on it next week!). So I can't really offer an opinion on this.
Old Apr 19, 13, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH FT, Accor Plat
Hey Guys,

3) One last thing, are they both pre-security? Meaning that if I get the transfer, I'm not getting lounge access ?
The lounges are "pre security" but FRA is a bit different than LHR, as passport control and security are separated.
Security is done at the gate in groups of 5 gates to one security point (ish) The gates are just that, gates with not much else there (though I think there might be a small shop sometimes?) but the usual "shopping mall" and lounges are after passport control but before security.
I've never transferred at FRA but I would imagine that you'll have no problem using a lounge and then head to the gate and security a little before boarding begins.
Old Apr 19, 13, 4:31 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Is there anywhere I can track who does/doesn't have proper CW? By tail number preferably, so I can check out who's flying out to FRA tomorrow morning.
SH = NWA, NWB, NWX, NWZ, ZHA, ZHB, ZHC

LH = All the other NWs
Old Apr 19, 13, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, huge help.

For those of you flying some time soon, I'll update with which plane I got and what the deal was with the lounges post-flight.

Zoui21
Old Apr 20, 13, 1:07 am
Original Poster

So it looks like short haul for me :/

JAL lounge is OK, nothing special about it, food is very limited, drink selection isn't huge either. Internet is fast though.

Cathay lounge is very far away. Didn't go because of that, it seems similar in terms of amenities from what I can see about it online
Old Apr 20, 13, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flying BA903 [FRA-LHR]

I was delayed at FRA a few weeks back so tried both lounges.

Personally I preferred the CX lounge because it was much quieter than JL (my flight was at the same time as the Tokyo flight).

Didn't have a problem accessing the lounge with my silver card. Walk from passport control takes 3 minutes max. No queue at security for premium pax.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: