Wiki Posts
Search

Special Meals in J / F?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by uksushi
That would make me steam
The flight was LHR-BWI which is a 767 so I took 4K as usual.

There was, for some reason, a massive delay in getting my lunch order in on that flight and by the time the my order was taken, main course delivery was already starting at row 1.

I complained to the CSD and sent an email to BA and I must say that when sandwich time came, I got the AVML sandwiches (avoid) along with extra cheese and pickle sandwiches from the normal selection.

Got the standard shite email from BA about catering limitations ya-dit-ya.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by uksushi
BTW not sure about how good the AVML really is, I persoanlly think they are better and more consistant than the poor show that the usual lacto-ovo vegetarian meal usually is for sure.
Better than overcooked pasta/gnocchi. Typically basmati rice topped with half lentil and half okra masalas. Not spicy but it does come with a spicy lime pickle that has the label "Delicious Pickle"!

It comes with a bag of Bombay Mix which goes great with a vodka tonic, so ask them to give that to you when they do the first drink run - far better than the standard CW drink snacks.

Last edited by rodavici; Apr 18, 2013 at 9:10 pm Reason: .....ed is banned but shite isn't!!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
How do you know that there were not a lot of Gold Card holders on this flight.
Because a few hours towards the end of the flight (LHR->BWI), I went to Club Kitchen (the galley) to get a snack and had the opportunity to have a quick flick through the flight roster without anyone seeing and I had the same CIV as two other people and we were all 49 - i.e. the lowest CIV for a Gold (I think it was 49). So there were a maximum three of us and there were only 14 people in CW.

When I wrote to BA, I quoted the appropriate part of BA's Operations Manual that someone else quoted here on FT which says something along the lines of "Gather orders, go back to the galley and assemble them in order of status and tell lower status people that their order can't not be honoured".

Got stuck in traffic once doing an IAD->LHR run upstairs on a 747 and got to the airport too late to eat in the lounge on a Sleeper Service so the CSD came up and brought me the menu from First and asked what I'd like.

Evens out I recon and whole heartedly agree with your sentiment about telling the crew (and ideally the CSD) that you don't eat meat and if that you'd like a veggie meal reserved.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
They will only get a choice off the menu after all other customers have chosen and it's the same in First and CW, saying that I think our AVMLs are very nice.
In First that has not been my experience. I have on my profile "Low Calorie". I always get asked if I want something else from the menu, which sometimes I do and I have never gotten it, even in a full cabin.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We would let you make your choice but if we ran out of anything you would be refused your choice before someone who had not ordered a special meal.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
The veg meals ran out on our flight yesterday LHR-SEA. The meal sounded really good, so good that I was tempted to order it as well as Mrs. greg5. We both went with the cod, which was really quite good. I'll post the pictures in the food thread.

However, once the veg meal had run out, the remaining options were the cod meal that we had, a ploughman's salad, and the beef. So, it's definitely a good idea to pre-order a veg meal if that's what you need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.