Maybe CX isn't perfect...

Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Maybe CX isn't perfect...

Reading this forum one can get the impression that BA can do no right and CX is the shining beacon...

So just for balance...

http://www.scmp.com/comment/blogs/ar...ritish-airways
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Reading this forum one can get the impression that BA can do no right and CX is the shining beacon...

So just for balance...

http://www.scmp.com/comment/blogs/ar...ritish-airways
Interesting read, thanks for sharing. Like every airline, there are good and bad crews. I found the service in F on a recent ICNHKG hop to be wanting - surprising when just two of us in the cabin. But it didn't change my overall favourable impression of the hard product.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
I really enjoyed reading that, thanks
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Interesting. Nice to see that apathy isn't a BA exclusive. Sorry you had a bad sector, though.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perfect? No.

Just better than BA on pretty much every count other than FFP.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by T8191
Interesting. Nice to see that apathy isn't a BA exclusive. Sorry you had a bad sector, though.
It wasn't bad, just the service was indifferent.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:05 pm

I agree, CX is over rated in F IMHO. Since my first F on CX in Jan I've been lucky to fly BA, EY & QF in F and all were as good.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
In no way can I see how the hard product of BA coming close to CX they are in 2 different classes.

As for service and the soft product I can believe BA on their better days can be as good if not better than CX on their worse days, problem is from my experience CX dont have many bad days and BA have generally OK days with the occasional good day and plenty of bad ones!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:02 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by toddml
In no way can I see how the hard product of BA coming close to CX they are in 2 different classes.
With 130% more seats on a 777 in First class, hence more award and upgrade availability. BA works much better for me.

As for the New Wing versus the Concorde Room..BA wins on this also..IMHO the new First Class Self Service Restaurant at The Pier reminded me of a Branch of Boots, the lighting was too harsh and the ambiance non existent, as for PCs they only had horrible 2 Apples.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by UncleDude
With 130% more seats on a 777 in First class, hence more award and upgrade availability. BA works much better for me.

As for the New Wing versus the Concorde Room..BA wins on this also..IMHO the new First Class Self Service Restaurant at The Pier reminded me of a Branch of Boots, the lighting was too harsh and the ambiance non existent, as for PCs they only had horrible 2 Apples.
Agreed. Along with v average service on my 2 flights in F LHR-HKG, I really don't see what all the fuss is about
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:21 pm

I love Cathay and all my flights with them have been faultless, but I much prefer BA's business class seat to the Cathay coffins. I do believe it is the best of any airline I've flown (Singapore, Virgin, Lufthansa, American, Korean Air, United, ANA, Cathay)

Cathay's AVOD service is the best - nothing makes that 16 hour flight go faster than being able to whiz through an entire season of Homeland
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Perfect? No.

I absolutely agree; CX is much more consistent and the food in F is far better. BA staff vary between excellent and completely mediocre. CX Excellent and Good.....
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Perfect? No.

^ Such a better hard product!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:41 pm

I flew a segment in CX F last week and must say the service and seat were incredible. Despite the seat being nearly ten years old it was much better than the NF seat. The space and comfort were far better. In Fact I would say the BA F cabin was comparable to a J product.

As the staff had less customers to serve we also received better service as well.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
A friend has just done an LHR-SYD return and even stated that he preferred the BA seat over the new cirrus one everyone has been raving about!

(He is 6'3 which may have something do with it and did also say that he thought the staff were great though)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.