Wiki Posts
Search

Access to AA lounges without BAEC card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum

Has anyone got any experience accessing BA lounges without their BAEC card. I turned gold a few weeks back but my card hasn't arrived. I still have my silver of course but would like to get into the flagship lounges. When I used to fly united partner lounges usually needed to see the card, will AA accept just the BP with emerald on it?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I would phone your BAEC centre and ask for a faxed letter to be sent stating your new Gold status.

I used the letter when I first reached Gold and was given access to the AA lounges.

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Joely
Has anyone got any experience accessing BA lounges without their BAEC card. I turned gold a few weeks back but my card hasn't arrived. I still have my silver of course but would like to get into the flagship lounges. When I used to fly united partner lounges usually needed to see the card, will AA accept just the BP with emerald on it?
On a recent trip to JFK they accepted my BP and I showed Gold status on my phone app.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I very rarely get asked for my card in AA lounges, but it has happened. 10% of times in the last year, at a guess? So BAEC status must be visible to their computers. At Flagship lounges a big percentage of users are BA gold card holders.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, in not in the office between now and Monday so won't have access to a fax, guess will had to risk it. I guess the only possible hitch is that when I booked the flights I was still silver, I just hope the record has updated!
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Not been asked to show my card for about 4 years at any AA lounge, probably from about the time you were able to enter an EC number into an AA booking.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
In the last 18 months and a lot of trips through the US I have not been asked for my card once either at an AA or BA lounge.

If your card status is showing within your booking it should be fine, but status changes within existing bookings can be a little hit and miss.

Having a faxed (to email ideally, so you can keep a copy on your iPad or other device) letter from BA as a belt and braces is a good idea but I would be more concerned about the status being reflected in existing bookings than needing the card per se.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
In the last 18 months and a lot of trips through the US I have not been asked for my card once either at an AA or BA lounge.

If your card status is showing within your booking it should be fine, but status changes within existing bookings can be a little hit and miss.

Having a faxed (to email ideally, so you can keep a copy on your iPad or other device) letter from BA as a belt and braces is a good idea but I would be more concerned about the status being reflected in existing bookings than needing the card per se.
The problem is I can't seem to see anywhere on the AA side of the booking (it was done via BA) any sign of status. It knows I have some kind of status as I can pick seats in MCE (Y+) but that could easily be based on my silver cars. I guess I will see when I check in tomorrow.

Last edited by Joely; Apr 13, 2013 at 3:14 am
Old Apr 13, 2013, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Joely
The problem is I can't seem to see anywhere on the AA side of the booking (it was done via BA) any sign of status. It knows I have some kind of status as I can pick seethe in MCE (Y+) but that could easily be based on my silver cars. I guess I will see when I check in tomorrow.
I would take a 14 day trial of something like e-fax (which I use) and get a letter faxed to you from the service centre.

Your existing AA bookings may update but this would be the thing which would worry me most in your position.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 3:13 am
Suspended

Can't u just screenprint a page from your online BaeC account that shows the status and bring that along?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Panic over, not only do I have the fax which the nice lady from BA sent me but having checked in this morning, the boarding pass logs me as emerald, although the AA App thinks I'm an exec platinum.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I am in a similar position (no new card yet), and as I usually present the card anyways I was wondering if I may be refused entry into AA lounges without the card. Good to hear that a BP is usually enough.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Your boarding card will be endorsed EMERALD in big letters and that should be enough to pass the dragons.

Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum
They wanted my EC number last week. Boarding pass didn't apparently scan correctly / show entitlement. All they wanted was the number not the card though.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
I've never been asked for the physical card, although unusually the Miami Admiral's Club did once ask for photo ID

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.