Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Breakfast on Shuttle Services

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat
Hot Breakfast on Shuttle Services

Just curious as to whether BA are still doing Hot Breakfast services on shuttle services. I have not taken an early morning shuttle service in some time, travelling instead on mid/late afternoon shuttles for a while now.

Most up to date info I could find was from early 2011 where they were still serving breakfast. Wondering if this has disappeared as a result of some 'service enhancement' along the way!

If it still exists, are early morning flights crewed more heavily?

B
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:08 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yes but it is now before 09.30 (formerly before 10.00).

If you have it once in a while it is very passable. If you were to have it weekly I imagine it would become sickening very quickly!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
After 20 years of ever decreasing breakfasts - the EDI-LON hot brekkie still gives me something to do - drink the orange, use the cuplet as a rubbish bin etc etc.

Had a fab omelet on a LGW-EDI flight last week which was the most substantial BA brekkie since the demise of the full tray in the mid 1990s.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:05 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
LHR-MAN has not had the hot breakfast for a long time- it more like a pannini/hot sandwich.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: BA, VS
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Had a fab omelet on a LGW-EDI flight last week which was the most substantial BA brekkie since the demise of the full tray in the mid 1990s.
I had the omelet on BA2936 LGW-EDI a few weeks back, thought it wasn't bad at all.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by andset1191
Yes but it is now before 09.30 (formerly before 10.00).

If you have it once in a while it is very passable. If you were to have it weekly I imagine it would become sickening very quickly!
And it does appear to be before 0930. I was on an 0930 flight from EDI-LHR a few weeks ago and there was no hot breakfast, just crisps and biscuits.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by pennineuk
LHR-MAN has not had the hot breakfast for a long time- it more like a pannini/hot sandwich.
I actually enjoyed the sausage with spicy tomato relish sandwich on the LHR-MAN flight more than the Y+ breakfast on the EZE-LHR flight I connected from when I used the shuttle last year.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:31 am

On a similar note, has anyone flown on the LCY-IOM service in the morning and know what to expect breakfast wise?

I know mileage wise it's not much further than MAN, but being a Saab 2000 it's a little slower and is given a block time of 1h15m which is the same block time as LHR-EDI.

Just want to make sure I don't fork out for food at the airport if we're going to get served something half decent onboard.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pennineuk
LHR-MAN has never had a full hot breakfast for as long as I remember. BA only introduced the breakfast baguette (now the breakfast panini) in 1999 when BD launched their LHR-MAN route and offered a full breakfast in the C cabin.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Still exists on GLA-LHR and GLA-LGW flights.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M SEN, EK Gold
IOM-LCY

Hmmm - not quite answering the right question I know, but on this mornings IOM-LCY there was no hot breakfast - not sure if that is a one off or a change, as there was 3 weeks ago. We got crisps or biscuits.

I note the return flight is prior to 9:30 so I guess it will be the same as the outward, but no real idea what that should be anymore.

Not often the Isle of Man gets mentioned on this august forum!

Manx Flyer
Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Manx Flyer
Hmmm - not quite answering the right question I know, but on this mornings IOM-LCY there was no hot breakfast - not sure if that is a one off or a change, as there was 3 weeks ago. We got crisps or biscuits.

I note the return flight is prior to 9:30 so I guess it will be the same as the outward, but no real idea what that should be anymore.

Not often the Isle of Man gets mentioned on this august forum!

Manx Flyer
Hmm crisps or biscuits at 9am isn't great!

Sounds like it could be a one off though, you'd think that you should get at least something warm at this time of day considering the flight length is no less than any of their other shuttle services?

Otherwise it sounds like we'll have to leave enough time to get something proper to eat at LCY, we have a busy day planned when we arrive on the IOM so could do without needing to go and find breakfast as soon as we land!
Old Apr 15, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M SEN, EK Gold
IOM breakfast

If you are looking for breakfast on the IoM let me know where you are planning to be and I can try and make some suggestions. Or for dinner if you want. Some good places and some pretty rubbish ones on the rock!

Manx Flyer
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Manx Flyer seems to be rather typical of flyers on the IoM.

On my last flight there (a fair few months ago now) one of the pax heard me chatting with the cabin crew at the door about where I was heading to and which bus to get on.
On getting off and through the exit he then very kindly offered me a lift as it was (nearly) on his way. Unfortunately I think I am probably too old to be worried about getting into strangers' cars and it made a great start to my trip and the hospitality on the rock was superb in all cases.

Ed

Last edited by yellow_peril; Apr 15, 2013 at 6:16 am Reason: ETA spellinv
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by AllTheNines
Hmm crisps or biscuits at 9am isn't great!

Sounds like it could be a one off though, you'd think that you should get at least something warm at this time of day considering the flight length is no less than any of their other shuttle services?

Otherwise it sounds like we'll have to leave enough time to get something proper to eat at LCY, we have a busy day planned when we arrive on the IOM so could do without needing to go and find breakfast as soon as we land!
I use the 09.30 EDI- LHR BA1439 quite often and there is never a hot breakfast any more. It clearly means departures before 09.30 get the breakfast. As stated above flights before 10.00 used to get one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.