Wiki Posts
Search

My first FFirst... on AA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD / BA / AF
My first FFirst... on AA

After having been somewhat shocked about the stone-aged business class cabin on an AA 767 about a year ago, I've been avoiding them as much as possible.

I recently flew to DFW, and was left basically no alternative but taking the AA flight. I did my research and managed to book a seat on the new 777-300. Only to find the flight downgraded to an 772 not long before the flight.

So I braced myself for another miserable flight.

There was some salvation when I discovered I'd been upgraded to First for the flight. But boy, what a shock 'First' class was on AA. I won't bore you with details of a tired cabin, even more tired cabin crew, seats full of non-revs and cabin crew taking their rest breaks. Nor will I moan on about the frankly surly crew, the fact that the first seats they put me in were inop, or the fact that I'd take business class on BA any day over first class on AA.

No, what surprised me most was the five-star cuisine offered on an international F-class service. None of this champagne-and-caviar nonsense. We're real-world 'mericans who need real-world food. Like a frozen pizza. And not just any frozen pizza. A $5.99 *Uno's* frozen pizza. Because this is first-class, darn it!

Oh, BA... All is forgiven. No matter how bad your food, at least you don't fob me off with Birds-Eye (tm) fish fingers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.