Flybe booked as BA flight number...?

Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Flybe booked as BA flight number...?

Will I :
1) Get AVIOS tier points or just the points?
2) Get my BA baggage allowance? Or the Flybe one?

Thank you !
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Generally this is the most expensive way to fly either BA or FlyBe, per mile. I sometimes use the codeshare arrangements (e.g. starting at those Scottish airports which don't have APD) but generally it's a poor deal.

However, yes you will get Tier and Avios points.

And you will get the restricted FlyBe hand luggage. Their planes are not generously sized and at certain stations (MAN comes to mind) they can be tough on hand luggage too, though not consistentlly so.

For checked luggage you are supposed to get the BA allowance, but I can well imagine a FlyBe check in agent not being aware of this. So I'd keep it down to one bag if possible.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Flybe services to Guernsey are code shared to BA but you don't seem to be able to book them on BA.com
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC silver
I can confirm that you get 1 piece of hand luggage at 10kgs that must fit BE's dimensions.
1st check bag free and max 23KGs. Second bag is 30.00
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Flybe services to Guernsey are code shared to BA but you don't seem to be able to book them on BA.com
You can't book them on their own, but ba.com will let you book them as a feeder to a BA flight.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It seems that the flights that Flybe operate from MAN to DUS no longer have BA codeshare numbers. Does this signal a general reduction of this regional codeshare arrangement?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I've just booked an itinerary involving one BA sector, one AY sector and two BE sectors. I booked it all at ba.com and throughout the booking process it showed all four sectors with their BA flight numbers. As I understand it, that means I earn as if they were all BA flights, including cabin bonus, tier bonus etc.. The confirmation e-mail also shows BA flight numbers, but when I go into MMB only the BA sector shows a BA flight number, and the number of Avios points it says I'm going to earn is consistent with the operating carriers' rules, which for one sector in discount Economy means I'm set to earn 25% of base mileage instead of 200%.

Have I misunderstood the rules or is what it says in MMB wrong? I understood from the sticky that if my booking confirmation shows the flight number with a BA prefix then I earn exactly as if it were a BA flight. If the prefix makes no difference then I think I'll cancel under the 24 hour cooling off period and rebook through the Finnair site at a substantially lower cost!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Anything booked under a BA code should earn BA rates of Avios and TP, they'd also be treated as BA qualifying flights for those needing their 4 to reach silver.

MMB isn't always right. In case things post incorrectly keep evidence you booked under the BA code.
Old May 19, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by ACARS
I can confirm that you get 1 piece of hand luggage at 10kgs that must fit BE's dimensions.
1st check bag free and max 23KGs. Second bag is 30.00

My BE flight tomorrow, booked with a BA flight number, is showing in BA MMB and on my e-ticket receipt as:

Baggage Allowance: 3PC

Is this wrong? It is part of a business class booking, if that makes a difference.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Just a quick question about flying to/from NQY on BE but ticket through BA. I may use my (company-provided) annual ticket to get me home to Cornwall from the UAE at Christmas and the company travel agent says they can book DXB-LHR/LGW-NQY-LGW/LHR-DXB in business class on a single BA ticket. However, because I plan to have a few days in London around New Year (more than 24 hours between NQY-LGW/LHR-DXB) the agent says there is no checked luggage agreement between BA and BE and that I will have to pay for it myself at the airport. This is hardly a deal-breaker but I would appreciate anyone's experience with luggage allowances on BE flights ticketed through BA (I don't have total faith in the travel agent and assume they are trying to skimp/save money somewhere). Thanks in advance.

Work-Shy
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
This is hardly a deal-breaker but I would appreciate anyone's experience with luggage allowances on BE flights ticketed through BA (I don't have total faith in the travel agent and assume they are trying to skimp/save money somewhere). Thanks in advance.
Obviously I wouldn't have experience of this, but I do know that if you are on a BA flight number you should get the BA allowance. Going there should be OK, however for the return, because there is more than a day between flights, I suspect you get two bags at 23 kgs as a oneworld Emerald, assuming your Frequent Flyer number was in the booking at the time of ticketing. Again assuming this is codeshare, not Flybe prime. It may say this on the e-ticket reciept.
Work-Shy likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.