Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ba.com troubleshooter......can we have a new Dilly on the forum BA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Remember Dilly aka ba.com helper? He was the BA IT lurker on this forum who would assist with problems encountered by us on ba.com. ^
BA haven't been able to fill the void since Dilly left for pastures new.

Anyone agree that we need a new ba.com helper?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:21 am

It's a good idea, but as with many things there may be a cost incurred for doing so.

It is strange that BA actually pays an external company to seek online forum feedback, when in fact this Flyertalk forum is probably better able to highlight the concerns of many frequent travellers.

I find the www.britishairwaysfuturelab.com/ba very clunky, and doesn't seem to generate much sensible debate, even when compared to FT.

My shopping list of fixes for ba.com:

1. Sort out the cookies/log in so I don't have to enter my details nearly every time I open the homepage (and often several times when using it).

2. End the annoying tendency of the award and flight booking engine to default back to economy even when I've selected a premium cabin - particularly frustrating on redemption bookings.

3. Get rid of the annoying and pointless floating colon between your TPs and membership level on the BAEC homepage. It serves no purpose!

4. Make the login button for www.ba.com/onbusiness easier to find.

5. Make it easier to view your onbusiness points wile logged in to your BAEC account; it's either or at present and because that's not properly explained, it could be confusing for some people.

6. Set up e-receipts so they default to only print the bits you need, not reams of useless T&Cs which waste paper and add to weight onboard.

7. Tell me if I've been seat shifted - it can't be that hard to do as Apps like www.myflightsapp.com/ manage it very well.

8. Stop all the random emails ten months before I fly asking me to update my details and manage my booking - allow me to configure it so for infrequent travellers they get emailed once, a month before they fly, and once again a week before and for regulars assailed with hundreds of these pesky email per year stick to the single email a week prior to travel, or turn it off altogether.

Anything else?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
The Amex 241 voucher error is still there with greyed out names
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by oscietra
It's a good idea, but as with many things there may be a cost incurred for doing so.

It is strange that BA actually pays an external company to seek online forum feedback, when in fact this Flyertalk forum is probably better able to highlight the concerns of many frequent travellers.

I find the www.britishairwaysfuturelab.com/ba very clunky, and doesn't seem to generate much sensible debate, even when compared to FT.

1. Sort out the cookies/log in so I don't have to enter my details nearly every time I open the homepage (and often several times when using it).

2. End the annoying tendency of the award and flight booking engine to default back to economy even when I've selected a premium cabin - particularly frustrating on redemption bookings.

3. Get rid of the annoying and pointless floating colon between your TPs and membership level on the BAEC homepage. It serves no purpose!

4. Make the login button for www.ba.com/onbusiness easier to find.

5. Make it easier to view your onbusiness points wile logged in to your BAEC account; it's either or at present and because that's not properly explained, it could be confusing for some people.

6. Set up e-receipts so they default to only print the bits you need, not reams of useless T&Cs which waste paper and add to weight onboard.

7. Tell me if I've been seat shifted - it can't be that hard to do as Apps like www.myflightsapp.com/ manage it very well.

8. Stop all the random emails ten months before I fly asking me to update my details and manage my booking - allow me to configure it so for infrequent travellers they get emailed once, a month before they fly, and once again a week before and for regulars assailed with hundreds of these pesky email per year stick to the single email a week prior to travel, or turn it off altogether.

Anything else?
Yes, have it all actually work instead of going through the whole booking process only to get the dreaded there was an error thing.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Remember Dilly aka ba.com helper? He was the BA IT lurker on this forum who would assist with problems encountered by us on ba.com. ^
BA haven't been able to fill the void since Dilly left for pastures new.

Anyone agree that we need a new ba.com helper?
Judging by the state of the site there is no more BA IT left, so no one to join the forum.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Diamond

Anything else?
^

The "Remember Me" button is practically useless. Reverting to the default language of the country you're in (French for France, German for Germany, etc..) rather at random than English as selected is also highly irritating.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:16 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

I'd start with a new CIO tbh...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by BizFlyin:20566680
Judging by the state of the site there is no more BA IT left, so no one to join the forum.
From what I gather, a little too much of BA's IT has been outsourced to India and quality is understood internally to be a real issue.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by dark_horse
From what I gather, a little too much of BA's IT has been outsourced to India and quality is understood internally to be a real issue.
Been through that story a few times with a few companies, they always end up reversing and pulling things back "on-shore" - wonder how long it will take BA
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by BizFlyin
Been through that story a few times with a few companies, they always end up reversing and pulling things back "on-shore" - wonder how long it will take BA
There is still a large IT dept at Waterside. However a number of the good people left
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:49 am

For an industry where most of the business is carried out online you'd think it would be one of their top priorities to resolve.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by gally
For an industry where most of the business is carried out online you'd think it would be one of their top priorities to resolve.
There are a number of large projects going on in BA at the moment. If an airline does not have a checkin/res system it does not matter how bug free their website is, they are going to go bust
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Anything else?
I'd like to see more effort being put in to fix the LAN route problems on the redemption search tool. They could at least put up a warning telling you that they are experiencing difficulties.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:15 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Well Fvdp AKA : Frank van der Post - Lurked and seems to have Left. http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/trend...004567.article
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Remember Dilly aka ba.com helper? He was the BA IT lurker on this forum who would assist with problems encountered by us on ba.com. BA haven't been able to fill the void since Dilly left for pastures new. Anyone agree that we need a new ba.com helper?
There are so many problems that were raised with Dilly but which still don't work or don't work properly or haven't been corrected. Then there are all the new problems that have arisen since recent enhancements (in the BA sense of "enhancement" ).

A "Dilly MkII" would be so overwhelmed that (s)he probably wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Wouldn't it be better if BA tapped-in to the vast pool of experience of the BAEC board and actually sat down with some of us and tried to fix the problems that exist at the moment before creating any more new ones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.