New/old BA SIN lounge

Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was in SIN last night and was told the new QF lounge is undergoing the finishing touches, and should be ready next weekend. The BA lounge still had Australian newspapers and freezing cold showers.

On BA 15 this morning one of the crew told me they were supposed to fly the Union flag from the cockpit to celebrate the first arrival of a BA 777-300 to SYD - but someone forgot to load them. Apparently they will do it tomorrow instead, although at 6am I'm not sure who will be around to notice.

This may be old news, but I was also told the SYD route is moving to mixed fleet.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Thai Gold, JetPriviledge
I am in the only BA lounge in SIN now. It is what was the old BA/ QF First lounge and is pretty much as it was. Tired with zero edible food although it still has some Champagne which while not anything special is drinkable. Lounge is rammed with OZ passengers who according to some announcements are QF passengers? I thought this was all being caused as QF had opened their own lounge? Confused but too tired to care. I have a seat, a drink and wifi!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Why would QF care about a 1st class lounge at a port from which it operates no flights with 1st class?
Actually why do QF still have a F class lounge in AKL?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
New QF lounge has opened and appears very impressive.
http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-singa...ity-travellers

Report that BA will now renovate in September 2013
http://www.ausbt.com.au/ba-to-open-n...e-at-singapore
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Just waiting for an MH flight to KUL and sat in the new QF lounge - it's fabulous! Two buffets with great selection of hot and cold food, a cooking station for made to order specials and very attentive and helpful staff. It's modern and airy with plenty of comfortable seating, the bar is fantastic and the WiFi fast. One of the best lounge experiences I have had in some time - quite a contrast to the crowded and tired BA lounge at SIN and a world apart from the terrible MH lounge in Terminal 2 which we have just escaped from! This is definitely the best Oneworld option in SIN until BA does their refurbishment in September - lets hope they learn something from QF!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:22 am
uk1
Suspended

Great news .... thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:01 am

Hubby and I will be flying post-cruise from SIN to LHR in F class on BA. Can we use the new QF lounge? I see it says access is available to both first and business pax on OW flights.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by patnlcc
Hubby and I will be flying post-cruise from SIN to LHR in F class on BA. Can we use the new QF lounge? I see it says access is available to both first and business pax on OW flights.
You answered your own question in your last sentence...
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I would be interested to get some feedback on the QF and BA lounges in SIN. Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I would be interested to get some feedback on the QF and BA lounges in SIN. Thanks.
In summary the QF lounge is very good but the BA lounge is a BA lounge so no comparison.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moa999
New QF lounge has opened and appears very impressive.
http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-singa...ity-travellers
Originally Posted by Aus BT
The lounge's Y-shaped design
Y-shaped ... a lounge inspired by economy class!

More seriously though, it looks quite good. I assume that with my SAPP status I will be able to access this lounge when I go F from SIN in August. But I also seem to remember that there have been some funny things going on the QF, what with the termination of the JV and all...

So will this lounge be open to SAPPs travelling on BA?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Will I be able to access this lounge when I go F from SIN in August?
See my post just a few above yours.

Of course... oneworld lounge = oneworld rules.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aus BT
The lounge's Y-shaped design
It would be extremely appropriate if this lounge became highly popular and lots of people tried to get in.

All men come from a Y-shaped area and then spend the rest of their lives trying to get back in! BOOM!! BOOM!!!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
The new Qantas lounge is, I think, very good: proper dining area, with a good range of food, and lots of staff taking orders and bringing drinks all over. It's obviously not as good as the Qantas flagship lounge at SYD, but it's very decent.

The BA lounge now seems a bit tired, and is - according to staff there - due for a major refurb. There's also no television at the moment. I don't tend to watch TV in lounges, but last time I was there one prat was so annoyed about this he decided to take out his rage on a - very pleasant and helpful - member of catering staff, before storming off in a huff...
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by janders
The BA lounge now seems a bit tired, and is - according to staff there - due for a major refurb.
It's being refurbished into the Galleries concept in the autumn. I am hopeful that BA will include a section for First pax, albeit I can't see them providing a whole separate lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.