FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   bmi credit cards : enhancements from Mar 2013: inc more points and 10% off BA flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1448565-bmi-credit-cards-enhancements-mar-2013-inc-more-points-10-off-ba-flights.html)

BHDBOY Mar 16, 2013 4:31 am

bmi credit cards : enhancements from Mar 2013: inc more points and 10% off BA flights

Looking at my bmi standard AMEX statement for March I seem to have been awarded 2 miles per £ rather than the 1.5 which I was expecting. A family member with a bmi standard mastercard also received 2 miles per £. Is this a March bonus or a change for the better?

mzb00 Mar 17, 2013 5:14 am

Originally Posted by BHDBOY (Post 20428952)
Looking at my bmi standard AMEX statement for March I seem to have been awarded 2 miles per £ rather than the 1.5 which I was expecting. A family member with a bmi standard mastercard also received 2 miles per £. Is this a March bonus or a change for the better?

I just saw my March BMI MC statement online and indeed, I am to receive 1818 miles for £909 in spend. Very strange, but I'll take it

Oxon Flyer Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Same here. Better move them over to BAEC quick then. :D

teflon Mar 19, 2013 7:21 am

I don't have double points on my March statement, but I do have more miles than I've have expected. Very odd, but best not complain!

redshift27 Mar 26, 2013 12:38 pm

I have the old annual fee MBNA BMI Mastercard (normally 2 Avios per £) which in March has yielded 2.5 Avios per £. ^

snufkin Mar 28, 2013 9:56 am

I have contacted mbna regarding this and it seems to be a permanent change. The new rates are 2 Miles for every £1 retail spend on Bmi American Express credit card and 1 Mile for every £1 retail spend on Bmi Visa credit card. Nice!

redshift27 Mar 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by snufkin (Post 20497625)
I have contacted mbna regarding this and it seems to be a permanent change. The new rates are 2 Miles for every £1 retail spend on Bmi American Express credit card and 1 Mile for every £1 retail spend on Bmi Visa credit card. Nice!

... and 2.5 per £ on the old annual-fee MC? Most excellent!

Tiger_lily Mar 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Hardly seems worth having the Plus Amex then

phunc Mar 29, 2013 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily (Post 20501407)
Hardly seems worth having the Plus Amex then

Agreed. My main card is my BA PP but I've switched to the BMI no-fee platinum for now. I seem to be getting 2points per £.

Wonder if it's a way for MBNA to expedite dumping their remaining miles so they close these accounts off?

redshift27 Mar 29, 2013 4:35 am

Originally Posted by phunc (Post 20501818)
Wonder if it's a way for MBNA to expedite dumping their remaining miles so they close these accounts off?

A very astute suggestion.

Raffles Mar 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by phunc (Post 20501818)
Agreed. My main card is my BA PP but I've switched to the BMI no-fee platinum for now. I seem to be getting 2points per £.

I'd be surprised, since I reckon the average MBNA BMI cardholder is substantially better off than MBNA's average client, and thus spends more. I have put over £1m through my bmi MasterCard over the years (mainly tax).

EsherFlyer Mar 30, 2013 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 20506128)
I'd be surprised, since I reckon the average MBNA BMI cardholder is substantially better off than MBNA's average client, and thus spends more. I have put over £1m through my bmi MasterCard over the years (mainly tax).

But aren't we expecting some preagreed end date for the DC MBNA tie up? Maybe if they had prepurchased too many points they're using the opportunity to drag more spend through before then.

Steve Oh Mar 30, 2013 8:56 am

I'll have to check my statement when I get home cos I thought I only got 2p per £1.
I've got the £85/year Amex - if the fee free one now gets that too though with the new rates then I'll contact them and ask me to change :)

EDIflyer Mar 30, 2013 11:48 am

Hmm handy info - will need to direct some spend to that old bmi Mastercard if it's giving 2.5 per £ :D

greyt Mar 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson (Post 20508251)
Hmm handy info - will need to direct some spend to that old bmi Mastercard if it's giving 2.5 per £ :D

I have the old 2 miles per pound MasterCard. £6000 spend for march and had 15000 miles, hence 2.5 miles per pound spent..