Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi credit cards : enhancements from Mar 2013: inc more points and 10% off BA flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dddc
Bit of a quick fix for a wiki until someone has the time to fill it in, but here's a good place to look for an update on the 7 cards in existence:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/03...-rate-changes/
Print Wikipost

bmi credit cards : enhancements from Mar 2013: inc more points and 10% off BA flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by greyt
I have the old 2 miles per pound MasterCard. £6000 spend for march and had 15000 miles, hence 2.5 miles per pound spent..
^ long may it continue!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Steve Oh
I'll have to check my statement when I get home cos I thought I only got 2p per £1.
I've got the £85/year Amex - if the fee free one now gets that too though with the new rates then I'll contact them and ask me to change
Don't panic, the £85 plus card is also giving 2.5 miles/£ according to my March statement
Old Apr 2, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I just checked my March statement and I only have the Fee free MC. Got 650 miles for a £550 spend.

This used to be 1:1 and looks like its gonna stay the same. Any data points on this one?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: Yes please
Like the OP I also received 2 points / £ in March instead of the normal 1.5 points / £ with my free MasterCard. Wonder what April will bring?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SouthOxon
Like the OP I also received 2 points / £ in March instead of the normal 1.5 points / £ with my free MasterCard. Wonder what April will bring?
Did we get 1.5 to the £ from the free MC? I thought the free amex gave 1.5 and the free MC gave 1?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:02 pm

Depends on when you opened the a/c...
The BMI Mastercard was officially discontinued in early 2008. Those of us who had one have been allowed to keep it so far. There are 2 variants, both branded as 'platinum' : the basic card which pays 1.5 miles per £1, and an 'annual fee' card which pays 2 miles per £1.

Until October 2011 it was possible to ring MBNA and get one of these cards, with a 12k sign-up bonus and 1 mile per £1 earning rate. I assume that this has now been discontinued given that the Visa has been launched, but I would be interested to hear evidence to the contrary!
(see the first post in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...astercard.html - it's written by this Raffles bloke, who seems to have a vague idea what the deal is with credit cards )
Old Apr 3, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: Yes please
Originally Posted by SouthOxon
Thought I had better check that the enhanced points have actually been credited to my Diamond account and yes, they have.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
April brings 2.5 miles/£ on the £85 plus card plus a bunch of bonus miles for ba.com activity (which looks like almost 5 miles per £ spent)
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
I finally received my statement today...or rather Award Wallet indicated some activity, so I looked up my statement.

I couldn't work out my earnings rate until I noticed that I had the annual card fee of £60 showing. Once that was deducted (as well as a refund from a retailer), I am also showing 2.5 Avios per £1 spent.

This is confusing to me, as I thought that my £60 a year Mastercard was a point a pound. I understand that everyone is getting a bonus now, but I was either missing out previously or didn't notice that it was a better card than I thought.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:06 pm
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
April brings 2.5 miles/£ on the £85 plus card plus a bunch of bonus miles for ba.com activity (which looks like almost 5 miles per £ spent)
Where did you find out about the ba.com bit? I'd switch from my Amex Gold to the free bmi Amex as it will then get me 4x as opposed to the 2x Gold gives...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ups
Where did you find out about the ba.com bit? I'd switch from my Amex Gold to the free bmi Amex as it will then get me 4x as opposed to the 2x Gold gives...
4x transactions on ba.com, which is the only merchant on the statement that is different this month. The bonus miles are shown separately and make sense when you divide the number of miles awarded by the total amount spent.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:57 pm
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
4x transactions on ba.com, which is the only merchant on the statement that is different this month. The bonus miles are shown separately and make sense when you divide the number of miles awarded by the total amount spent.
Okay, I'd do my next few bookings on the bmi card, nothing to loose as I'd get the 2x at least anyway. Won't find out until next month unfortunately as I've just had my statement generated...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:47 pm

This is a nice little surprise enhancement. It is particularly nice to get 1 point per £ on Mastercard spending at places that don't accept Amex. (standard card)
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:16 pm

So just to check - is it looking like the BA.com bonus is on both the MBNA Amex and the old fee-free Mastercard? (ie both now sitting at 2 Avios per GBP, up to 4 per GBP on BA.com?)
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:26 am

i cancelled my bmi amex due tot he £85 fee a couple of months ago!

i just have the masterdcard now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.