Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can only People in the UK Join Avios.com?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Is it still the case that only UK residents can use avios.com? I can't figure out how to log in. I have a BA account. I feel sort of stupid if this is the case.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
There was a flag at the top / bottom (Depending on which region you are in) on the left side of the page. This allowed you to set which area you were in and then register or login. That said the UK version of program has now closed and UK Avios.com accounts have been merged and/or transferred to BAEC.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have a BA account.
BA.com is probably what you'd need then.

Avios.com is/was a separate programme with a different registration.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Is it still the case that only UK residents can use avios.com? I can't figure out how to log in. I have a BA account. I feel sort of stupid if this is the case.
If you want an avios.com account (and there are limited reasons now to bother) you can join Aer Lingus’ AerClub and recreate an avios.com account during the sign-up.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Avios.com has now closed has it not ?!? No chance of anyone joining !
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Avios.com has now closed has it not ?!? No chance of anyone joining !
Not.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver

Is this not closed ? Sorry confused.
Originally Posted by pauldb

Not.
Sorry - confused. Is this not closed ?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN

Is this not closed ? Sorry confused.

Sorry - confused. Is this not closed ?
“Unless you decided to opt out” or, as said a few posts back, you have or want to have an avios.com account through AerClub.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pauldb

“Unless you decided to opt out” or, as said a few posts back, you have or want to have an avios.com account through AerClub.
Another way of getting an Avios.com account is through FlyBE. Confusingly, I had an Avios.com account so that I could collect points from FlyBE flights. This was then closed and transferred to BA Executive Club, forcing me to setup a new Avios.com account through the FlyBE website…

I did get a bit worried about the fact that I got the "your Avios.com account is now closed" e-mail while I was sitting in the lounge for a FlyBE flight. Fortunately, it just credited straight into my BAEC account.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I wanted an Avios account to check EI awards and was able to set one up using a UK address. It would allow me to sign up but not allow me to search with a non UK address. Thanks, all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.