Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Hi,
I will be travelleing with 2 family member between SFO and LYS on one single PNR. SFO-JFK-LYS. I am OWE but the 2 other members have zero status. I will upgrade all of us on the JFK-LHR in Club World using avios, the two other segments in Y, and all on the same booking. Question is : Will all of us have access to the lounge in SFO (AA operated) and LHR T3 (including CX and BA business lounges).
My understanding is that we will as the longest flight of the booking (JFK-LHR) is eligible to lounge access.
Thanks for your help.
If you are doing a same day connection at LHR and you upgrade all to CW then you can all use any of the AA/BA/CX J lounges in T3 based on your inbound long haul J bp. Keep hold of your JFK-LHR bp as you may need to show it at the lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I have a question. It overlaps with American Airlines, but makes sense here due to share code.

I fly LAX - LHR in economy. I'm a Gold card holder. The flight is booked as a BA code but on AA metal.

Can I access the AA arrivals lounge at T3? I would have thought so based on status alone.

This page - http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...rivals-lounges - sort-of suggests I can (but doesn't address the code share thing). British Airways customer service says I can't, though, as it's not a BA plane.

So I'm confused. Help.
AA allows access to OWEs so I think you'll be ok despite having booked on the BA codeshare.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
connecting ATL-LHR-NCE in First/Club Europe... will I have access to CCR in transit? thanks
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
connecting ATL-LHR-NCE in First/Club Europe... will I have access to CCR in transit? thanks
BA F? Same day connection? If so then yes. Keep hold of your inbound F bp as you may need to show it at the lounge.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
If you are doing a same day connection at LHR and you upgrade all to CW then you can all use any of the AA/BA/CX J lounges in T3 based on your inbound long haul J bp. Keep hold of your JFK-LHR bp as you may need to show it at the lounge.
Great news then ! Thanks !
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Quick question to check if I've read everything correct.

I'm travelling in F from DME to LHR. On the same day I`m flying Y to DUB on a seperate ticket. With my brother, flying on his own ticket (He's not flying DME LHR).

If I'm correct we have access to the CCR because I have a same day F ticket and can bring one guest.

Am I right?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jongesander
If I'm correct we have access to the CCR because I have a same day F ticket and can bring one guest.

Am I right?
Yes, you and your guest would have access to CCR on that basis, provided both of you are travelling on BA metal to DUB, not on the Aer Lingus codeshares which go from T2.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, you and your guest would have access to CCR on that basis, provided both of you are travelling on BA metal to DUB, not on the Aer Lingus codeshares which go from T2.
Yes, sorry forgot that, it's on BA. Thanks for your response!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
With the proviso that the lounge dragons have been known to get antsy if your guest is departing several hours later than you.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:58 pm

I'm a bit confused on lounge access for UK Domestic business

I'm looking to book my mum to travel INV-LHR-DXB with the LH in PE - this books the SH into J which would usually give lounge access (albeit that INV doesn't have 1)

Would she get lounge access at LHR before the LHR-DXB leg based on the SH J ticket?

On the return it's a much shorter layover so access isn't as important but I can see that she does get access but would be great if she gets access on the outbound trip
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by AyeCaramba
I'm a bit confused on lounge access for UK Domestic business

I'm looking to book my mum to travel INV-LHR-DXB with the LH in PE - this books the SH into J which would usually give lounge access (albeit that INV doesn't have 1)

Would she get lounge access at LHR before the LHR-DXB leg based on the SH J ticket?

On the return it's a much shorter layover so access isn't as important but I can see that she does get access but would be great if she gets access on the outbound trip
INV does have a lounge.

For an INV-LHR-DXB booking your mum would only have access to the lounge at INV on the outbound. On the inbound your mum would have access to the GC lounges in T5 before her LHR-INV flight. There would be no lounge access at LHR on the outbound, and no lounge access at DXB for the inbound.

Technically speaking WTP doesn't really include any lounge access. However, in order to ensure availability of the domestic connections they book in to J which is Business UK and does give lounge access before the domestic flight. It really is a quirk of the system rather than a explicit WTP benefit.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
INV does have a lounge.

For an INV-LHR-DXB booking your mum would only have access to the lounge at INV on the outbound. On the inbound your mum would have access to the GC lounges in T5 before her LHR-INV flight. There would be no lounge access at LHR on the outbound, and no lounge access at DXB for the inbound.

Technically speaking WTP doesn't really include any lounge access. However, in order to ensure availability of the domestic connections they book in to J which is Business UK and does give lounge access before the domestic flight. It really is a quirk of the system rather than a explicit WTP benefit.
Thanks KARFA
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AyeCaramba
(albeit that INV doesn't have 1)
Details on the INV lounge is in the lounge thread in the Dashboard. Also there are photos and comments here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rness-inv.html
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Details on the INV lounge is in the lounge thread in the Dashboard. Also there are photos and comments here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rness-inv.html
I enjoyed having another read of that thread for the route when it was launched. Still haven't made than inagural flight yet. I didn't even make the inaugural flight on the LBA route when it started in 2012, which frankly is unforgivable.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:44 am

I am flying out of Heathrow T3 soon in Club Word, so will have access to the BA Lounge. Is there any limit on the time I can arrive before the flight? i.e. if the flight is at 12 noon can I arrive at 9am?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.