BA lounge access guidelines

Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonors Gold, Accor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Still confused with this. I'm BA Bronze and have booked a Club Europe flight DUS - LHR - MAN. My boarding pass for DUS - LHR shows "Club Europe", the boarding pass for LHR - MAN shows "domestic".
I know that I can enter the Lounge in Duesseldorf, but am I allowed to use the Lounge in Heathrow, too?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by grayh
Still confused with this. I'm BA Bronze and have booked a Club Europe flight DUS - LHR - MAN. My boarding pass for DUS - LHR shows "Club Europe", the boarding pass for LHR - MAN shows "domestic".
I know that I can enter the Lounge in Duesseldorf, but am I allowed to use the Lounge in Heathrow, too?
Very confusing I must admit. There was a new BA access policy updated in January but is not available to the public for some reason.

Have a check of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-europe-9.html, specifically post #133 and see what you make of it. I think the rules have changed and this is allowed, but wouldn't be surprised if a rejection was forthcoming.

If you are on a redemption u bucket ticket and the domestic sector is on the same PNR, you certainly are allowed access no matter what the fare bucket.

EDIT: Changed to see post #133

Last edited by TyneTraveller; Apr 13, 2016 at 11:25 am
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
The answer is "probably, it depends"

In MMB open your booking and for the domestic flight click on "More flight information"

There you will find something similar to

Flight details

Flight:
BA1488 Non smoking

Operated by:
British Airways

Departing from:
Heathrow (London) Terminal 5
Sat 16 April 2016, 16:00

Arriving at:
Glasgow Terminal M
Sat 16 April 2016, 17:30

Number of stops:

Flying duration:
1hr 30mins

Aircraft type:
Airbus A320 jet

Selling class: J

What is the selling class for your domestic flight?

if it is J (as mine is above on a CE-Domestic revenue ticket) then you are on a Business UK booking and will get lounge access. My CE ticket was not selling class J but R which is a discounted CE ticket. Domestic still books into J

Last edited by scottishpoet; Apr 13, 2016 at 9:32 am
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Is the a revenue or reward booking? What booking/selling class is the domestic flight - you should be able to check this on mmb in the pop up box that appears when clicking on "more flight information".
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:44 am

Selling class is U for both flights. It's an Avios + cash reward flight.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
based on information posted elsewhere :

"Arriving Club Europe Customers booked in U class (redemption tickets) connecting to any BA domestic flight, in any booking class.
Connecting on the same day, to any BA domestic flight in any booking class. Club Europe U class sector and domestic connection must be the same ticket/PNR" will be allowed access to Galleries lounge.

If booked on seperate PNR no access will be given. If booked on same PNR and connecting the same day, access is given.

However, as this is apparently on page 42 of the manual....
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:33 am

Okay, well.... I'll try
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:53 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, I'm sure it's been asked before, but I can't find any relevant info on this thread. Can you access GF being BA Gold and travelling on a UK Domestic in Economy? I'm pretty sure you can but thought I would double check. Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HAT
Hey guys, I'm sure it's been asked before, but I can't find any relevant info on this thread. Can you access GF being BA Gold and travelling on a UK Domestic in Economy? I'm pretty sure you can but thought I would double check. Thanks!
Short answer: yes
Medium answer: there are lots of domestic travellers in Flounge
Long answer: see post 2.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:01 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Short answer: yes
Medium answer: there are lots of domestic travellers in Flounge
Long answer: see post 2.
Ta!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:29 pm

Can I assume that when the T3 Arrivals Lounge reopens in "summer", it will probably keep the same hours, closing at 2pm? I land in T3 at 1320, so I doubt I'll get through customs and immigration in time. Since I'm catching an onward flight to ORK from T2, it's easier just to stay airside, I believe. Why do they close arrivals lounges so early?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:14 pm

Arrivals lounge opening times are tied to hotel check in times

Since people can check in to hotels from around 2pm in the afternoon the arrivals lounge closes
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by psychokilla
Can I assume that when the T3 Arrivals Lounge reopens in "summer", it will probably keep the same hours, closing at 2pm? I land in T3 at 1320, so I doubt I'll get through customs and immigration in time. Since I'm catching an onward flight to ORK from T2, it's easier just to stay airside, I believe. Why do they close arrivals lounges so early?
If you are BA Gold or Silver you can use the Aer Lingus lounge in T2. If it's another oneworld card or you don't have status, you can simply pay to use it. There is a shower provision there, and while it isn't as glitzy as some lounges it's still modern and comfortable.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
based on information posted elsewhere :

"Arriving Club Europe Customers booked in U class (redemption tickets) connecting to any BA domestic flight, in any booking class.
Connecting on the same day, to any BA domestic flight in any booking class. Club Europe U class sector and domestic connection must be the same ticket/PNR" will be allowed access to Galleries lounge.

If booked on seperate PNR no access will be given. If booked on same PNR and connecting the same day, access is given.

However, as this is apparently on page 42 of the manual....
I'm at Heathrow now. I've been denied access to the Lounge despite same PNR and connection on the same day. The Lady told me "for international connections only". But she asked a colleague and didn't seem sure. Went downstairs to Customer Service and the Man at first told me that I should get access but changed his opinion after a chat with his colleague. He also told me that they change the rules all the time which makes it difficult for them.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
I would ask them to look up page 42 in the manual then and quote what you have read.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.