BA Cabin Crew

Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Smile CW cabin crew consistently very good

Always impressed with CW Cabin Crew whenever I fly in that class of travel. I look forward to the extra care and attention which is given and the crew always seem to enjoy their role.

And while it was an isolated incident on BA there was one pretty female cabin crew member who was looking after me and due to some minor things going wrong on my long duration long haul flight she presented me with a bottle of champagne at the end of the flight. In addition her personal contact details were attached. And it was very nice to get to know her more personally later after the flight. This has also happened to me on other airlines, is it part of standard training?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sign47
Always impressed with CW Cabin Crew whenever I fly in that class of travel. I look forward to the extra care and attention which is given and the crew always seem to enjoy their role.

And while it was an isolated incident on BA there was one pretty female cabin crew member who was looking after me and due to some minor things going wrong on my long duration long haul flight she presented me with a bottle of champagne at the end of the flight. In addition her personal contact details were attached. And it was very nice to get to know her more personally later after the flight. This has also happened to me on other airlines, is it part of standard training?
And do you make use of the Elemis spa treatments by any chance?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
And do you make use of the Elemis spa treatments by any chance?
No but I have a silver tongue - which she found out after the flight.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:29 pm

And does it become gold if you use it more frequently?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GCab
Could end up becoming a problem if you get invited to Premier
Old Mar 12, 2013, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by GCab
No, it becomes sore and dry if I use it too frequently.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 4:54 am

Haha.

For the record, I've flown Virgin many times in many classes and have never been called mate. But nor do I expect or want the fawning and prostration some on here expect from BA.

The fact is that most crew are young, whereas we are all growing older. And it's a generational thing - less service-focused and growing up into a leaner climate. The more years we fly, the greater age difference between us and the cabin crew average (except on AA of course).

Service isn't the golden age of aviation anymore, it's a flying bus, but sometimes with a few perks and a nicer seat. Flying is super cheap in relative terms historically, so it makes sense that the glamour, respect and service levels (in the western hemisphere) match that.

That said, I don't need the robotic cult Singapore service either. I am not royalty, and a degree of familiarity is better than faux reverence. Either way, you're a bum on a seat to them. May as well be friendly back and see where it gets you...
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just had another Mixed Fleet flight from Vancouver. The crew just don't seem as polished as WW.

I also had a broken arm rest in 64K. I asked the crew member to log it and he looked at me like I was asking for a free upgrade to First. He then tried claiming it's meant to be like that and then said he's never sat in a CW seat so has no idea how it is meant to work. I asked again for it to just be logged so it might get fixed at some point and he said again it wasn't broken
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by chistery
Just had another Mixed Fleet flight from Vancouver. The crew just don't seem as polished as WW.

I also had a broken arm rest in 64K. I asked the crew member to log it and he looked at me like I was asking for a free upgrade to First. He then tried claiming it's meant to be like that and then said he's never sat in a CW seat so has no idea how it is meant to work. I asked again for it to just be logged so it might get fixed at some point and he said again it wasn't broken
He's probably ex ryanair where the seats are all fixed lol
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
I usually take a window seat in CW, and can usually manage to get a good spot (good = no climbing over neighbors)

I always walk over to the galley when I want something, but if I have to climb over someone, I push the call button. It used to be when I pushed that, someone would show up instantly. The last few flights I've pushed it, and no one responsed, so I turn it off and push it again. Still no one. So I had to climb out and over to get a glass of water.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Originally Posted by cazoz
Haha.

For the record, I've flown Virgin many times in many classes and have never been called mate. But nor do I expect or want the fawning and prostration some on here expect from BA.

The fact is that most crew are young, whereas we are all growing older. And it's a generational thing - less service-focused and growing up into a leaner climate. The more years we fly, the greater age difference between us and the cabin crew average (except on AA of course).

Service isn't the golden age of aviation anymore, it's a flying bus, but sometimes with a few perks and a nicer seat. Flying is super cheap in relative terms historically, so it makes sense that the glamour, respect and service levels (in the western hemisphere) match that.

That said, I don't need the robotic cult Singapore service either. I am not royalty, and a degree of familiarity is better than faux reverence. Either way, you're a bum on a seat to them. May as well be friendly back and see where it gets you...
Fly UA or as you mentioned AA. You will find the generation gap is the other way round. Many times I have felt that I should be giving up my seat to the staff
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:13 pm
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
I flew CW in January for the first time and I wasn't overly impressed with the cabin crew but it was mixed really. Having only travelled in WT and WT+ before that I expected the CW crew to be more attentive and friendly but they seemed just as gruff as in the lower cabins. There was one man who was particularly nice but the rest seemed very disinterested. That being said in my first (and probably only!) F experience last week, the crew in both cabins (was moved from CW to F after boarding) were fantastic, very helpful, and very friendly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.