Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why don't you remember me BA? [website doesnt keep your login details]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Anyone else find that the remember me feature on the BA website doesn't remember them?

I don't think it's a settings issue on my computer as all other websites that I log into (including FT) do remember me.

Is it personal?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has come up before on here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...out-there.html

This seems to affect the ladies on here.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
... and this man.

Might it be my DNA?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B143 Safari/8536.25)

Have the same issue.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 White, HH Gold, Accor Plat.
and this one too.

My now aging laptop seems to be doing this on all sites, FT, FB, BA etc.

What is more iritating to me though is the short amount of time BA will allow you to be logged in before automatically logging you out . I realise it is a security measure, but it seems very short to me. Even my bank lets me go away and make a cup of tea and come back without having to login again.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by jonboy73
and this one too.

My now aging laptop seems to be doing this on all sites, FT, FB, BA etc.

What is more iritating to me though is the short amount of time BA will allow you to be logged in before automatically logging you out . I realise it is a security measure, but it seems very short to me. Even my bank lets me go away and make a cup of tea and come back without having to login again.
+1 on all of this. Except the aging laptop!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Mine has just started to forget me too ...
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:55 am

The "remember me" seems hit and miss... seems to work better on Google Chrome than Internet Explorer on my devices.

The bigger issue for me is that even after logging in, BA keeps asking for my Advanced Passenger Information. Every. Single. Time.

How hard can it be to store my passport details as part of my profile?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Same here. Worked fine for years, then stopped remembering me about the time of the last thread on this topic. Nothing changed this end - same computers, same browsers, same cookie settings. It's just another unnecessary aggravation. Wouldn't matter for the occasional visit but coupled with BA's constipated reward inventory it's a pain for those of us who are logging in at least once a day to see if anything's there.

Other sites still remember me. I'm convinced BA have tweaked their site. It's just another unnecessary aggravation. BA if you listening please re-set it.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:38 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
I think I saw a hack or an add-in a while back that forced browsers to remember username and password specifically for BA.com. If anybody knows it, I'd be grateful for a pointer.

It irritates me that I am not permitted to choose this option for BA but can with other sited. Even the 'remember password' addin for Firefox doesn't work for BA.com. I wish they devoted as much energy to making the site accurate as they did to breaking my browser!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I have the same problem too and on two different computers. I use Firefox normally but it doesn't remember me on IE8 either. Most annoying.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I get around this (on Safari anyway) by clicking on a link that requires login, e.g. Manage my account. This takes me to a different login page that does remember me.

It only seems to be the ribbon across the top that has Alzheimer's.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Moomba
I get around this (on Safari anyway) by clicking on a link that requires login, e.g. Manage my account. This takes me to a different login page that does remember me.

It only seems to be the ribbon across the top that has Alzheimer's.
Concur from a Mac/Safari user. Although that "pop-out" Login pane seems to be a recent arrival, along with the "Big Fonts" Exec Club modification (which I refuse to call an upgrade).

Agree the 'top right corner' "Register Now" hasn't retained info for ages.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Why don't you remember me BA?

Glad that the subject came back. I thought that I was the only one, saw just thought of it as my techie ignorance. It seems that I am I good company.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Gold, QR Silver, HH Diamond
+1 and in Chrome too

Really, the BA website is utter, utter garbage. We have all got so used to it, we don't really notice.

Routine use of the site takes you through perhaps 3 or 4 different, unrelated screen designs for menus, headers, fonts etc. Each successive half-assed 'look and feel update' just compounds the mess. It's pretty amateurish and not even something a small business would find acceptable. Also I am noticing more and more placeholders saying "Our systems do not appear to be responding, please call BAEC" which I suspect are just masking endless amounts of bugs. Rant over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.