Community
Wiki Posts
Search

72 Hour Hold Price Change?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
72 Hour Hold Price Change?

On Wednesday I paid £5 to hold a booking LHR-TXL-LHR. Now that my plans are confirmed I went into the BA app to pay for the flights but was unable to and told to call my local service centre.

I called the BA Silver line and the rather nice guy from India on the other end told me that I was unable to do it as the price of the ticket had gone up by £43 but because I have done the £5 hold they will still honour my original price however it would have to go through the ticketing department and could take up to 24 hours to confirm.

The odd thing is that I went and checked to see what the price would be if I did a fresh booking, and it was only £6 more than the price that I had held on Wednesday and was booking into the same class (N). Any ideas why this might be happening?

Last edited by wilsnunn; May 3, 2019 at 2:11 am Reason: Too many typos
Old May 3, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
On Wednesday I paid £5 to hold a booking LHR-TXL-LHR. Now that my plans are confirmed I went into the BA app to pay for the flights but was unable to and told to call my local service centre.

I called the BA Silver line and the rather nice guy from India on the other end told me that I was unable to do it as the price of the ticket had gone up by £43 but because I have done the £5 hold they will still honour my original price however it would have to go through the ticketing department and could take up to 24 hours to confirm.

The odd thing is that I went and checked to see what the price would be if I did a fresh booking, and it was only £6 more than the price that I had held on Wednesday and was booking into the same class (N). Any ideas why this might be happening?
Normally due to a change in exchange rate influencing the taxes, fees and surcharges.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by tom139
Normally due to a change in exchange rate influencing the taxes, fees and surcharges.
The taxes only come to £50+, I’m not sure how an exchange rate fluctuation could lead them to say there was a £43 difference in pricing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.