FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What is the latest movie that you watched on BA? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1440553-what-latest-movie-you-watched-ba.html)

David_Doyle Feb 20, 2013 11:55 am

Argo - very good, despite some cinematic license / credit taking of events (e.g U571)

Ted - some very very funny scenes

Tend to avoid watching anything action / grand scenes as the picture quality on the older IFE doesn't do them justice.

Yahillwe Feb 20, 2013 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 20284519)
It really depends on the IFE system. If there is a film loaded I have an urge to watch, I'll immerse myself for 120 minutes onboard a Thales equipped aircraft as the picture quality gives the movie the justice it deserves.

With the upgraded TES system, I tend to go for a film that demands a lower degree of concentration simply because of the limitations inherent with the screen's low contrast/low definition. It is impossible to find the optimum brightness setting on this system. So on this month's 747 flights, I bypassed Argo and Lincoln but did enjoy watching Hope Springs, Total Recall, The Bourne Legacy, and The Dark Knight Rises. I have Sherlock Season 1 and Curb Your Experience Season 8 loaded on the iPad for emergencies but the need has not arrived yet to call upon this media.

Ok after trying to retread it, I saw Argo and Lincoln. I saw both on a flight with a big screen but not BA, am not sure if I can mention the name of the airline, since I don't wish to have this fluff thread closed or me suspended.

Macspreader Feb 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Not on BA, but loved Salmon Fishing on the Yemen.

Yahillwe Feb 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Macspreader (Post 20284616)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Not on BA, but loved Salmon Fishing on the Yemen.

Ohhh wanted to watch it, since Yemen is a place that I am dying to visit. Hope BA will be showing it when I fly them on e 7th.

How was it?

Macspreader Feb 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Fantastic film, great story and if I recall some nice humour. Not particularly challenging to watch, but I have seen it twice now - once on Swiss to Nairobi and once with my nieces and nephew constantly interrupting me when flying Virgin to Orlando.

Will download it sometime and watch it in peace I think, or buy the disc in a bargain bin in a few years.

SpurMan Feb 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Lincoln. Don't know why it has all the Oscar nominations. It's not that good IMHO, though Daniel Day Lewis was excellent.

Prospero Feb 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Yahillwe (Post 20284585)
You know very well that I don't understand this techie language...:D so could you please translate what you just said to the idiot and ignorant moi.

When the screen quality is crap, I'll hold off watching any film I'm itching to see. ;)

Yahillwe Feb 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by SpurMan (Post 20284817)
Lincoln. Don't know why it has all the Oscar nominations. It's not that good IMHO, though Daniel Day Lewis was excellent.

I hope it was on BA....

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 20284833)
When the screen quality is crap, I'll hold off watching any film I'm itching to see. ;)

That is better, you know what an ignorant idiot I am. ;)

Betteronacamel Feb 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Outbound - Lincoln
In bound - the Frost/Nixon film (forget the title)

I enjoyed the BA vintage videos (available on Thales equipped planes).

Prospero Feb 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Yahillwe (Post 20284857)
That is better, you know what an ignorant idiot I am. ;)

I know you know I know that is not true :)

Yahillwe Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 20284910)
I know you know I know that is not true :)

I know that you know that other posters think that, and I have nothin worthwhile to post, that is why there is the notice. So that intelligent t posters don't waste their time on fluff and hot air that I post.

papabear Feb 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Yahillwe (Post 20284629)
Ohhh wanted to watch it, since Yemen is a place that I am dying to visit.

OT comment;

Yemen is one of the last places I'd like to visit. On prime reason being they are providing safe haven for murderers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11829211).

Joely Feb 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel (Post 20284862)
In bound - the Frost/Nixon film (forget the title)

Uhhh you mean Frost/Nixon!?

Last I watched was Argo, agree its a good film. Am planning on watching 7 psychopaths on the way to Boston next week.

TravellerFrequently Feb 20, 2013 12:59 pm

'The Campaign' on an ipad on ZZA to AUH last week.

Some funny parts but I think the LPGS and Montrachet helped.

Homer15 Feb 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Yahillwe (Post 20284430)
Perfect man movie. :D

I think SWMBO was watching Perks of Being a Wallflower at the time. Worked out fine. :D