Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taking the new family on their first holiday - HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(

With the wife being a teacher and currently being on Maternity leave We've decided to pop to Florida for a bit of sun out of the school holidays, which is a first!

So, a bit of help please.

Can I and how do I sign up the little one to BAEC and my household account?

How do you add the little one to the booking?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Also, when booking a MFU. What is the 10% charge for the infant based on. The WT+ or CW fare?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
1) Change my household account -> Add new member (not a member of EC yet)
2) Book everything as 2 adults + 1 infant, or book everything for adults, then call and ask to add an infant
3) if you pay X cash and Y avios for an adult, you pay 10%*X cash and 10%*Y Avios for the infant
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
You will have to call to add the infant. The charge will be based on the WT+ fare.

You won't be able to OLCI with an infant either, you have to go to the desk, although for a Florida trip I expect you won't be just having hand baggage anyway, but it's something to bear in mind.

Hope you have a great trip!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Cheers guys. Thanks for the help.

Can't believe I missed out on the tesco deal!! Grrrrrrr
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

So does the "new member" get 10% avios?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by mdj1
So does the "new member" get 10% avios?
NO

Also, you should think carefully about when you sign the little one up if you want their membership dates to match yours.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've always been allowed to OLCI when travelling with my son (who is now 11 months). The most recent example being last month when flying out to the US. The only thing I couldn't do is change our seats (even for SH flights to Germany).

H
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Originally Posted by Hoch
I've always been allowed to OLCI when travelling with my son (who is now 11 months). The most recent example being last month when flying out to the US. The only thing I couldn't do is change our seats (even for SH flights to Germany).

H
I've always been able to OLCI with an infant so dont worry abou tthat.

Also in my experience you can choose seats immediately from booking when travelling with an infant. (usual front rows are reserved for Golds etc until T-72 when you can reselect if required.

The infant luggage allowance is useful even if they dont have their own seat as is the free carriage for car seats and buggies. I kow you can hire car seats quite easily but having seen some of them in the airport car parks I'[m not sure I would want to. You have no idea what they may have been through.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Perhaps we should make this post the official 'New Arrivals' post, there seems to always be questions relating to adding infants to bookings, so it may be handy to have one specific post to contain all the details as the same questions are likely to come up again and again.

With a first due in June myself, I know I have a load of questions! Many already covered off in this post.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:40 am

Forgot to say. Ask the crew for a logbook for your child. This logs all flight no.s, dates, mileage flown, equipment no.s etc.

The captain will sign it and may be a nice record for them (or you) when they're older.

Are you flying short or long haul and which cabin?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by dobba
Forgot to say. Ask the crew for a logbook for your child. This logs all flight no.s, dates, mileage flown, equipment no.s etc.

The captain will sign it and may be a nice record for them (or you) when they're older.

Are you flying short or long haul and which cabin?
The OP is flying to Florida, Long Haul.

The log books are available on Long Haul and apparantly not all CC know where they are.

It took two attempts for FT'ers to get the logbook for me.

They gave Yahillwe the inflight childrens packs. But LondonAndy knew where to get them though.

Oh make sure you put a photo of your child in the front of the log, for a while the crew thought the logbook was mine!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by johnny5a
The OP is flying to Florida, Long Haul.
I must remember to read more carefully!

^
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Cap That's a good idea.

Thanks for the help guys.

Managed to book 5+1 MFU from WTP to CW into MCO out of TPA, who said that availability was pants!

OK, it is, but there seems to be quite a bit to MCO in June.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:23 am
Original Poster

OK, So next section for this Infant Thread.

Seat Selection.

Once booked, you are allowed to log in and select ALL the seats on ALL sectors FREE OF CHARGE for everyone on your booking.

Initially the COT seats are greyed out, but selecting the traveler with the (infant) attached will activate these seats.

We are traveling on a three class 777 which has two cot seats. 3d and 11d

Which do people think is the best and why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.