Wiki Posts
Search

T5 FastTrack Arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
T5 FastTrack Arrivals

At a secret, virtually fortified, inaccessible (or is it?) internet location, where apparently I'm not wanted because I'm "annoying" (I type this with hands wet from my flowing tears - NOT!) there is news of the T5 FastTrack in arrivals being extended... Full details:

From 1st March 2013, Terminal 5 Fast Track Arrivals is due to open earlier (05:15 vs. current 6am), and will remain open later - until 10:30pm (vs 1pm currently).

And better news for some...the service (available for premium customers that are non-EU passport holders travelling in First, Club World and Club Europe) is being extended to Gold and Silver Exec Club members as well as oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members travelling in WT+ and WT/ET cabins.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Hasn't it always been open to gold and silver members, just not with a European passport.

Or am I misreading the post, are you suggesting this is now open to all passports?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BicesterTerrier
Hasn't it always been open to gold and silver members, just not with a European passport.

Or am I misreading the post, are you suggesting this is now open to all passports?

I am just relaying what I saw on The Other Place... But I think it might be open to EU-passport holders too...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is another thread already started on this.
Fast track arrivals have always been for non EU-passport holders only.

Last edited by Can I help you; Feb 18, 2013 at 9:03 am
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by BicesterTerrier
No I dont think it is a benefit for gold and silver. That is just fast track departures.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I'm confused! So as a UK passport holding GCH I'll still be barred from using it then?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes, fast track is for non EU-passports only, it is considered that as EU-passports holders we get a faster service anyway.
It is not the choice of the airlines but that of HM Immigration Service.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ColdWalker
No I dont think it is a benefit for gold and silver. That is just fast track departures.
I'm fairly sure that the Fast Track passes I have at home say F, J or BAEC Gold/Silver, but I'll check again when I get home.

In any case, good news - as long as they keep enough open for it to be a meaningful benefit, and so that it doesn't go the way of the departures Slow Track.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by ColdWalker
Think it applies to arrivals too; I have been given invitations for Fast Track arrivals as a GCH when seated in ET.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
So what's fastest ?

So what's faster when arriving from NA around 9:00am in CW or F ?
- use my British Passport and regular immigration
- use my Canadian Passport and Fast Track ?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Ivory (no more AF), Accor Plat, VS Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
So what's faster when arriving from NA around 9:00am in CW or F ?
- use my British Passport and regular immigration
- use my Canadian Passport and Fast Track ?

Easy peasy, take the FastTrack pass and decide when you see the queues. I came through this Wednesday morning at that time and the EU queue was much longer albeit moving faster. Would have loved to use FT or IRIS if it didn't break down 4 people in front of me.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
Does this mean (as the OP quoted) that as well as being open until later in the day, Fast-track Arrivals will also be available for (non-EU passport holders) GCH or SCH travelling in ET or CE?

Eg for inbound ex-Europe flights?

If so that's very good news for Mrs Happyin theAir, and will fix one of the biggest gripes she/we have at LHR.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:05 pm

I've always used fast track (albeit at t3) with my British passport - never had it refused.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
The sign a fast track immigration does say BAEC Gold and Silver in T5
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by lizban
I've always used fast track (albeit at t3) with my British passport - never had it refused.
T3 invites all premium passengers to use Fast Track arrivals - you either get a voucher (CX, VS) or they look at your BP stub (BA).

Originally Posted by seegs
The sign a fast track immigration does say BAEC Gold and Silver in T5
Are you sure this is for arrivals? I thought this was just for departures and I'm always told that (as I live in the UK and pay UK taxes) I must join the enormous quEUe

So, it's not up to HM Immigration - it must have something to do with the airline/airport but it has always perplexed me why there are two different systems at two LHR terminals that the same airlines (well, BA) use

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.