Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's Your BA Flavour Profile? Only 45 People Have Bothered to Find Out!

Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Looks like BA has spent a pretty penny developing this App:

https://apps.facebook.com/baflavourprofile/

A massive 45 people have signed up to date.

Is it any good?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
No thanks - I don't like Facebook apps that suck my heart and soul into cyber-space.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I'm a Spicy Stalker apparently.

On the census you describe yourself as a person of mixed taste. Why? Because you seek out the wilder, edgier side of the edible world. You are not daunted by dandelion greens and root vegetables wrested from the earth and served with a side of regret. At 30,000 feet, it's the gastronomical, palatable equivalent of a trapeze artist without a net.

Last edited by Crampedin13A; Feb 16, 2013 at 1:16 pm
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
I'm a Seasoned Taveller!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
You're a Sugar 'n Spice.

Nice with a side of naughty, that’s your style. The frisson of the sweet jostled against the bold. Pretty please with a cherry and a chilli on top. We craft our dishes to please this discerning palate of yours, taking you on a culinary Odyssey through the spiced and iced, the sweet with the street, the truffle to the trifle, and everything nice.

Yes, that's me
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by British Airways Flavour Profile

You're a Seasoned Traveller

You are full of whimsy, with an appetite for culinary adventure. The world is your oyster, your potato crisp, your beef bourguignon. Like you, our cuisine travels from the Old World to the New. Or vice versa. Artisanal cheeses, award-winning wines, and locally sourced fish, meats and vegetables — all are chosen to withstand the rigors of altitude, and the demands of your palate.

Last edited by rossmacd; Feb 16, 2013 at 12:41 pm
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Meringue Marauder:

When you’re not fighting crime, you’re sipping a tonic and lime. You’re a subtly sweet superhero, yet also a tad sour like a big lemon drop in a cape or a takeaway container of sweet and sour pork in tights. You and Height Cuisine make a dynamic duo because you have the same super powers. You can both fly and you both have extremely discerning taste.

Last edited by BotB; Feb 16, 2013 at 1:59 pm Reason: Adding description as everyone else has!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
I haven't tried it, but I fully expect it to say:

You're a Club World Traveller:

You like overdone steak served on a tray, with burnt sauce around the edge of the dish. You like your mash hotter than the sun, and your vegetables boiled for a thousand years.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
And BA paid someone money to do that?

"You are a cheap-skate, who staggers to Silver every year by devious methods. You complain at every opportunity, and yet remain loyal to BA. You are the customer we love."

This is fiction.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
You're a Gallivanting Gourmet
Omnivore doesn’t cover it. Animal, vegetable, mineral, all fear you. Your mouth is a black hole, a destroyer of edible worlds. And what’s with all the gallivanting? You couldn’t prance once in a while just to mix things up? You couldn’t throw in a caper or two? Speaking of capers, you really must try the bruschetta.

I don't know whether to be amused or offended
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Epicurean Explorer

You are the epicurean explorer. If it moves, you’re eating it. If it doesn’t move, ditto. You call it being adventurous. We call it being gastromiscuous. When are you going to find a nice cuisine and settle down? I mean literally every form of flora and fauna seems to have found its way onto your plate. What’s a good wine to pair with a nice paté?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
oscietra

Thank-you for posting this as I'm on Facebook but don't actively go looking for things that interest me.

I'm curious to know how many extra takers there will be in 24hrs from your OP.

Trying to work on E-marketing and how it spreads for my own business at the moment.

Going to do the survey now so it'll def reach 46!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
I ended up as a Syrupy Seafearer!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Dulcet Daredevil but I don't like the "either or choices" or being told select the one you couldn't live without.

Not worried about facebook as I've set up dummy accounts for these sorts of things! That will skew the marketing research!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Well, it has doubled take up to a massive 90.

Worth every penny...?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.