Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why have they taken my Avios? [Transactions from online shopping reversed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why have they taken my Avios? [Transactions from online shopping reversed]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by cosmo74
Anyone else find that their estore miles just aren't posting? I just checked and haven't received any since September, but I know I've done shopping through the site since then.
Maybe your browser settings?

I couldn't get Quidco to track with Chrome or Firefox. I tried a vanilla installation of IE, and that seems to work.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
This problem has been around for a couple of years at least. Would be good if it was resolved once and for all.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Angry

I have recently tried chasing some miles that haven't appeared since late December / Early Jan.
Most just simply haven't posted, yet one (Tesco entertainment) has posted with "approved" next to it, but no Avios.

BA replied to my claim asking for copies of all the receipts. I have some, but not all (I had a decent purge of my mails recently and deleted some as the goods had arrived, worked etc., by I forgot about the Avios) so I probably won't get those Avios.

I find it incredibly frustrating that, once again, like flights not crediting properly etc., it's up to the customer to jump through hoops because of BA's poor functioning IT systems. Just not good enough IMO.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cant you try logging back onto the websites, sometimes the info is stil there. At least some online shopping companies keep the info.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Good thought - thanks - I hadn't considered that.

Still pretty poor that the customer has to put in the effort to make up for BA's IT failings!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:44 am

I am really mad. I finally got a reply asking for a copy of the order to be faxed in. I did guest checkout when I completed by order so did not create a selfridges account and I cannot find my paperwork. I understand if this was a recent transaction and they were pending but it was 3 months ago. I know I wouldn't have thrown out the delivery note but I can't find it. This is worth 7000 miles!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Jules1808
I am really mad. I finally got a reply asking for a copy of the order to be faxed in. I did guest checkout when I completed by order so did not create a selfridges account and I cannot find my paperwork. I understand if this was a recent transaction and they were pending but it was 3 months ago. I know I wouldn't have thrown out the delivery note but I can't find it. This is worth 7000 miles!
Try contacting Selfridges for a copy of the receipt - it might help if you give them any details you may have on your credit card statement.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:06 pm

Any one else seeing issues related to this again? Have just had some Selfridges transactions reverse on the BA e-store when there is no reason for them to reverse, plus Comet transactions have been reversed on the Avios E-Store.

I'm aware that Comet are no more but as the Avios store proclaims on every link out page:
"Rewards are provided by this site, and not by the retailer." so, unless I have missed it in the T&C's Comet may very well owe Avios.com money but we should still get our Avios!!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been in email contact with avios.com they have asked me to wait 10 days. I shall see what happens then.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by shoreditch_tom
Any one else seeing issues related to this again? Have just had some Selfridges transactions reverse on the BA e-store when there is no reason for them to reverse, plus Comet transactions have been reversed on the Avios E-Store.

I'm aware that Comet are no more but as the Avios store proclaims on every link out page:
"Rewards are provided by this site, and not by the retailer." so, unless I have missed it in the T&C's Comet may very well owe Avios.com money but we should still get our Avios!!
same for me - c. 750 Avios removed yesterday from a purchase in November...
Old May 9, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just had my Selfridges transactions from February reversed so the problem can't have been fixed yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.