Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why have they taken my Avios? [Transactions from online shopping reversed]

Why have they taken my Avios? [Transactions from online shopping reversed]

Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Sure, the fax number is 01787 881405.
V kind.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:25 pm

Happened to me too yesterday with Selfridges.

Spoke to BA customer services who told me Selfridges reversed the transaction as goods had been returned - they definitely hadn't. They have passed the transaction to the back office to be investigated and reinstated - we'll see....

Very annoying as it was a not insignificant purchase.

There's obviously an underlying problem here with Selfridges and presumably many people won't notice or won't follow through a complaint.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
bad business practice in my (USA based consumer driven) opinion...

it's unreasonable to subject your customers to such hassles like finding old receipts that much later over a few miles...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Executive club, Membership rewards, Diners Club, El Al Matmid.
BA should be able to query this with the affiliate network they are using, its as simple as sending a form tbh.

I think it's a massive reversal if anything to weed out possible incorrect credits.

I've just checked my shopping history and 2 transactions I made twice, are both pending twice. :/

Nice and glitchy!

09/02/2013 euroffice Ł159.99 Pending 638
09/02/2013 Viking Ł120.33 Pending 962
09/02/2013 euroffice Ł159.99 Pending 638
09/02/2013 Viking Ł120.33 Pending 962
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:56 pm

Last night Currys removed 282 avios from my account for a washing machine i Purchased last year.No reply to my e-mails to BA or Currys yet.
I wonder if I can get a refund,and get them to collect their year old washing machine?If not,I want my Avios back.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Colleagues have reported that shopping transactions going back as far as last August were reversed in yesterdays 'sweep'.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
The whole eshopping thing is terribly high-maintenance for a pretty low yield. We shouldn't have to chase every transaction
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by dubbin
The whole eshopping thing is terribly high-maintenance for a pretty low yield. We shouldn't have to chase every transaction
I think it is worse than that.I have to chase at the start to get the original credit,then chase again when things like this happen.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:44 pm

Same thing here - some high value transactions from months ago via selfridges.com reversed on both the BA E Store and the Avios one.

Have emailed both stores this AM disputing the reversals.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:24 pm

Another home run from BA IT! They really are doing very well currently, aren't they? </sarcasm>

rb211.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:45 pm

Thumbs down

I've had a number of transactions reversed too.

BA Exec silver agent said I needed to send an email to points.com (as BA use them to administer the points apparently) to query and to follow up directly with the store. I refused as my transaction was with BA and the retailer and why should I have to contact a 3rd party to sort out these errors - I've left the problem with BA to sort this out. The agent did say that retailers don't need to give a reason for a reversal request from them and BA just action - leaves the consumer out in the cold having to do all the chasing to sort out - not impressed at all
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Has anyone tried twittering them about this?

Seems they are giving everyone a different run around story.

Deja Vu - the seat shifting thing.....
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:34 am

I have had 852 avios taken back from a Comet purchase on 30 Aug 2012. And has anyone tried making a claim for 'Missing Avois' through their online claim form recently? I tried on different platforms with different servers but keep getting an 'Internal Server Error'.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by paul78
I have had 852 avios taken back from a Comet purchase on 30 Aug 2012. And has anyone tried making a claim for 'Missing Avois' through their online claim form recently? I tried on different platforms with different servers but keep getting an 'Internal Server Error'.
Comet went bust last year.They are now shut down.That may be the reason.
If so,how did they tell BA to remove the Avios?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I had a reply from BA, stating my request would be dealt with in 14 days...

The countdown begins...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.