Painful!

Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold.
Painful!

After a very busy year of paid travel, I just jumped on to BA.com and saw my new Tier Point balance... Back to Ought. Kind of gave my a little heart skip.

Sigh. Feb. 8 sure rolls around fast.

Time to start anew!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
It happens to me every single year... Hate it so so so much.

I feel your pain.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
I feel your pain.
Me too... but see it as an opportunity. No problems, only opportunites!

Where excites you for 13/14?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Mine will also be at zero effective a day or two ago! D
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Yep. Me too. I got a letter from James Hillier that told me that I could try and get to silver, which arrived on the same day, with my bronze card.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Me too... but see it as an opportunity. No problems, only opportunites!
An excellent and positive perspective. Our 8 May looms on the horizon, but with sufficient bookings to retain Silver by thenl. And, IIRC, we fly again on 9 May, and the roundabout keeps working, which is what the programme is all about - flying (fairly) frequently
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Every year? This thread happens every month here on the BAEC board!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Painful!

Silver safely in the bag this year, not looking good for next though, too much dipping into the Avios pool. Looks like a couple of paid TATL CW trips needed by next March.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Last month I reset back to zero too, and I dropped down to silver too.
Which now means I really need to make sure I get some TPs this year because I've not got that soft-landing to rely on.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Mine went from 760 to 0 on the 9th January and it was very drepressing so I now have enough flights booked in the coming months to get back to Bronze and looking for that deal to keep Silver.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI Gold
I've been Silver for 5 years now, but always just fell short of Gold. Fortunatley (or unfortunatley if you ask my family due to the absences I just went Gold on the outleg of the business trip I am currently on. I know what the technical differences are between gold and silver, but for those who are gold can I ask these questions:
- Did anyone recognize that you had made the step up, on the trip you made it on?
- Did you notice any differences in how BA staff engaged with you from silver to gold?
- Did you get upgraded more often than when silver? I know what the upgrade protocol is supposed to be, but anecdotally from talking to my fellow travelers in WTP I seem to have experienced this allot less (only once) than they. I presumed it was because my company uses a global TA who gets us what are supposed to be cheap (although I don't think they are that cheap) tickets and thats why I get passed over. Or maybe its because I'm not considered SFU (I do smile pleasantly on checkin - actually maybe thats the problem
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Can't wait for mine to reset in April - I have no more benefits available!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:52 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ShamrockSpeedBird
I know what the technical differences are between gold and silver, but for those who are gold can I ask these questions:
- Did anyone recognize that you had made the step up, on the trip you made it on?
- Did you notice any differences in how BA staff engaged with you from silver to gold?
- Did you get upgraded more often than when silver? I know what the upgrade protocol is supposed to be, but anecdotally from talking to my fellow travelers in WTP I seem to have experienced this allot less (only once) than they. I presumed it was because my company uses a global TA who gets us what are supposed to be cheap (although I don't think they are that cheap) tickets and thats why I get passed over. Or maybe its because I'm not considered SFU (I do smile pleasantly on checkin - actually maybe thats the problem
Congrats
1) No.
2) No.
3) No - in fact I got upgraded more when Silver than Gold!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Mine reset back in Dec but only lost about 30TP. Sitting at 990 at present awaiting my next long flights that will get me gold for the first time.

Never had an upgrade as silver (as said before, might be as I'm flying CE or CW already or everything above Y is full). Did get put in an exit row straight after getting silver for the first time but whether that was related to it, no idea.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:07 am

I've noticed no difference in the way I've been treated since making gold (besides the published benefits of course).

No recognition on the 'next' flight.
No personal greeting - which as regulars will know is something that puzzles me. I've read here so often that people get welcomed personally and it's only happened to me once in many sectors. Either they're special or I'm doing something wrong! Not that I seek such attention, I'm just intrigued by the variation in experience that's reported here.
Not sure about upgrades. I've had a few as silver and gold. Think it's much more likely to be down to the route travelled. Last time I was upgraded, the other pax also upgraded were silvers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.